Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 07:34 am
The Australian meatloaf recipe is a household favorite in Australia since it is the ideal comfort dish that always tastes great. It’s great for any occasion; its soft texture and savory combination of meat and spices make it ideal for family meals, picnics, and potlucks. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a real Australian Meatloaf Recipe, a dish that will take your taste-buds on a trip to Australia without leaving your kitchen.
A meat and vegetable mixture that works well together is the bedrock of a tasty Australian Meatloaf Recipe. Vegetables like onions, bell peppers, and carrots may be coarsely diced as a first step. The next step is to mince the meat you want to use, which is often beef or a mix of beef and pig. After both ingredients are ready, mix them together in a big basin and put them aside.
The key to a perfect Australian Meatloaf Recipe is a carefully orchestrated blend of spices and ingredients. To add depth and tanginess to the meat and vegetable mixture, use a combination of tastes such as minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, or barbecue sauce. Fresh herbs like parsley, thyme, or rosemary, together with salt and freshly ground black pepper, are a great addition to any dish. To ensure that every mouthful is precisely seasoned, combine the ingredients and mix well.
Using a binding agent will help the meatloaf keep its form and juicy consistency. Add a big egg and some breadcrumbs to the meat and vegetable combination to help it hold together. Carefully combine all the ingredients, but don’t overwork the mixture or you’ll end up with a tough meatloaf that nobody will want to eat.
Want more ideas to round-out your Australian Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
- 30 Unique Australian Foods You Have to Try
- 25 Easy Australian Food Traditions to Try At Home
- The 12 Best Australian Chicken Recipes
- 33 Traditional Australian Food Recipes (Updated 2022)
Prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing a little extra paper hanging over the sides for removal. Press the meatloaf mixture firmly into the prepared pan and level the top to achieve a flat, even surface. Make a freeform meatloaf on a baking pan coated with parchment paper for a more artistic presentation.
For even cooking, it’s best to preheat the oven to a medium temperature and then put the meatloaf on the middle rack. The meatloaf has to reach an internal temperature of 160 °F (71 °C) on a meat thermometer before it is considered fully cooked. How long you need to cook your meatloaf for depends on its size and form.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. The meat’s taste and texture are improved when the liquids redistribute themselves throughout the cut. Cut the meatloaf into even slices and serve with your favorite side dishes such mashed potatoes, steaming veggies, or a fresh green salad.
Make an enticing meal that perfectly encapsulates Australian home cuisine with the help of this detailed recipe for Australian Meatloaf Recipe listed below. This hearty recipe is perfect for hosting guests or enjoying a quiet evening in, and it’s guaranteed to be a hit at any event.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions is Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
1. It’s a Classic Comfort Food: Australian meatloaf recipe makes a classic comfort food that is loved by many people. It’s a hearty and filling dish that reminds people of home-cooked meals they grew up with. The combination of ground beef, breadcrumbs, and spices gives it a delicious flavor that is hard to resist. The meatloaf is typically served with mashed potatoes and vegetables, making it a complete and satisfying meal.
2. It’s Budget-Friendly: The Australian meatloaf recipe is also makes a budget-friendly meal that can feed a crowd. Ground beef is an affordable protein source, and you can stretch it further by adding breadcrumbs and vegetables to the mixture. Leftover meatloaf can be used for sandwiches or added to pasta dishes, making it a versatile ingredient that can be used in multiple ways.
3. It Brings People Together: Finally, people love the Australian meatloaf recipe because it brings people together. It’s a meal that can be shared with family and friends, and it’s often served at potlucks or other gatherings. The smell of a freshly baked meatloaf is enough to bring people to the table, and the taste of a well-made meatloaf is enough to keep them there. It’s a dish that creates memories and traditions, and it’s no wonder why so many people love it.
How To Make Our Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
2 pounds ground beef
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, salt, and black pepper.
3. Gradually add milk to the mixture, and continue to mix until everything is well combined.
4. Transfer the mixture into a 9×5 inch loaf pan, and press it down firmly.
5. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
6. Remove the meatloaf from the oven, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information For the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Saturated Fat: 11g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Pots, Pans, and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Large mixing bowl
9×5 inch loaf pan
Measuring cups and spoons
Wooden spoon or spatula
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Allow the meatloaf to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the leftovers for up to 3-4 days. For longer storage, the meatloaf can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Substitutions For the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Ground beef can be substituted with ground turkey or chicken.
Breadcrumbs can be substituted with crushed crackers or rolled oats.
Onion can be substituted with shallots or leeks.
Tomato sauce can be substituted with ketchup or tomato paste.
Worcestershire sauce can be substituted with soy sauce or steak sauce.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Ground beef can be substituted with plant-based ground meat, such as Beyond Meat or Impossible Meat.
Eggs can be substituted with flax eggs or chia eggs.
Milk can be substituted with non-dairy milk, such as almond or soy milk.
Worcestershire sauce can be substituted with vegan Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Mix the ingredients thoroughly, but avoid overmixing, as it can make the meatloaf tough.
Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) for food safety.
Let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing, as it allows the juices to redistribute and results in a moist meatloaf.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Steamed vegetables, such as green beans or broccoli
Roasted root vegetables, such as carrots or sweet potatoes
How To Serve the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Slice the meatloaf into 8 equal portions and serve with your choice of side dishes. Drizzle with additional tomato sauce or gravy, if desired.
FAQs About the Australian Meatloaf Recipe
Can I use a different beef in the Australian meatloaf recipe?
Yes, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, or pork.
Can I use gluten-free breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs if you have a gluten allergy or intolerance.
Can I make the Australian Meatloaf Recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the meatloaf ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap.
Can I freeze the Australian meatloaf recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the meatloaf for up to 2-3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil before freezing. Thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.
Can I use a different type of sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce?
Yes, you can substitute Worcestershire sauce with soy sauce or steak sauce. You can also experiment with different types of sauce to suit your taste preferences.
Many people like eating the traditional Australian Meatloaf Recipe. Its simple ingredients and straightforward preparation make it a convenient option for weekday dinners or weekend potlucks. Anybody can make a meatloaf that is both tasty and gratifying by following the detailed directions.
This Australian Meatloaf Recipes adaptability is one of its many strengths. Experimenting with various kinds of ground beef, breadcrumbs, and sauces will allow you to personalize it to your liking. It goes well with a number of accompaniments, including mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and a side salad.
This Australian Meatloaf Recipe nutritional worth is another plus. In addition to having important minerals like potassium and fiber, it is a rich source of protein. You can prepare a healthier version of this traditional meal by using lean ground pork and whole grain breadcrumbs.
Making a Australian Meatloaf Recipe has never been simpler thanks to the hints and suggestions offered. Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or a seasoned master, these pointers will help you make a meatloaf that’s always juicy and full of flavor.
This Australian Meatloaf Recipe is a time-honored favorite that belongs in every kitchen. So why not give it a shot? Get the necessary materials, do as it says, and then eat what you made. This dish is perfect for feeding a large group or enjoying on your own.
- Large mixing bowl
- 9x5 inch loaf pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, salt, and black pepper.
- Gradually add milk to the mixture, and continue to mix until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, and press it down firmly.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and TricksMix the ingredients thoroughly, but avoid overmixing, as it can make the meatloaf tough. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) for food safety. Let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing, as it allows the juices to redistribute and results in a moist meatloaf.
You May Want to Join Our Boondocking Group on Facebook For More Information
You May Want to Join Our Campfire Recipes Group on Facebook For More Information
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape