Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 07:25 am
The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is proof that the combination of cheese and bacon is one of the best in the world. You may have this delicious meal or snack for breakfast, lunch, or a quick nibble on the run. Learn how to make these delicious rolls, which can be served to guests or enjoyed on your own, with the guidance of this detailed cooking tutorial.
Get started with the Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe by whipping up some roll dough. Either a yeast-based dough recipe or store-bought dough may be used for this. Make the dough smooth and elastic by kneading it on a floured surface. Let the dough to rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size, covered with a moist towel or plastic wrap.
Prepare the bacon in a pan over medium heat while the dough is rising. Make sure the bacon is as crispy as you want it. After it’s done, transfer the bacon to a platter lined with paper towels to absorb some of the fat as it cools. The bacon should next be diced into manageable chunks.
Preheat the oven as directed by the dough’s recipe or the package directions as the rising period nears its completion. In addition, grease or line a baking sheet to have it ready for use.
Once the dough has risen to its maximum size, punch it down to deflate it. Roll out the dough into a big rectangle on a floured board. You want the dough to be approximately a quarter of an inch (0.6 cm) thick. This will guarantee that the dough, cheese, and bacon are equally distributed throughout the rolls before baking.
Want more ideas to round-out your Australian Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
- 30 Unique Australian Foods You Have to Try
- 25 Easy Australian Food Traditions to Try At Home
- The 12 Best Australian Chicken Recipes
- 33 Traditional Australian Food Recipes (Updated 2022)
Sprinkle the rolled-out dough with the grated cheese of your choice, leaving a thin border all the way around. Spread the cooked, chopped bacon out equally over the cheese. Layer some more grated cheese on top of the bacon for a double cheese experience that’s extra melty and delicious.
Carefully roll the dough up from one of the long sides, enclosing the cheese and bacon within. Close the filler by pinching the seam together. Cut the roll with a sharp knife or a serrated bread knife into 1-1.5 inch (2.5-4 cm) thick slices.
Put the cut rolls in a single layer on the baking sheet, giving them room to grow while they bake. Rolls should be baked until golden and the cheese is bubbling and melting, which should take around 20-25 minutes depending on your oven.
Before serving, Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe cool for a few minutes. These rolls are at their most delicious when served warm, when the cheese is still melty and gooey within.
The delicious Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe may be yours quickly and easily with the help of this detailed recipe. These rolls are a lovely and gratifying delicacy that is perfect for sharing with friends, family, or even just yourself. Indulge in the gooey, cheesy, bacon-filled deliciousness!
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions is Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
1. Comfort Food: The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is the epitome of comfort food. It is a deliciously indulgent snack that is perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a quick bite on-the-go. The combination of melted cheese and crispy bacon wrapped in a soft roll is sure to warm your heart and satisfy your cravings.
2. Crowd-Pleaser: The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is a crowd-pleaser. It is a popular snack at sports events, parties, and gatherings. The combination of cheese and bacon is a classic pairing that appeals to almost everyone.
3. Australian Heritage: The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is loved by Australians and is considered a traditional Australian dish. It is often served at bakeries and cafes and is a favorite among locals and tourists alike. The recipe is a testament to Australia’s love for hearty and flavorful food and is a must-try for anyone visiting the country.
How To Make Our Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
8 slices cheddar cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a floured surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry to a 10-inch square.
3. On each square of pastry, layer a slice of cheddar cheese, followed by chopped bacon, and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Starting at one end, tightly roll up each square of pastry to form a log.
5. Brush the logs with the beaten egg and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
6. Cut each log into 4 equal pieces and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutritional Information For the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Saturated Fat: 11g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Pots, Pans, and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Leftovers of the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Roll Recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It is best to reheat the rolls in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Substitutions For the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Cheddar cheese can be substituted with any type of cheese that melts well, like mozzarella or Swiss.
Bacon can be substituted with cooked ham, turkey bacon, or vegetarian bacon alternatives.
Parmesan cheese can be substituted with other hard, salty cheeses like Pecorino Romano or Asiago.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
As bacon is a key ingredient in this recipe, there is no direct substitute for the main ingredient. However, you can try replacing bacon with vegetarian bacon alternatives, like tempeh bacon or mushroom bacon, to achieve a similar flavor.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Make sure the puff pastry is thawed before starting to roll it out.
Rolling out the pastry on a floured surface will prevent it from sticking and make it easier to work with.
Brushing the logs with beaten egg will help them to brown and become crispy.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
A fresh green salad with a tangy vinaigrette
Roasted vegetables like carrots, asparagus, or brussels sprouts
A creamy tomato soup or a hearty beef stew
How To Serve the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Serve the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Roll hot out of the oven as a snack or appetizer. It can also be served with a dipping sauce like tomato sauce or ranch dressing. Garnish with additional chopped parsley for a fresh pop of color and flavor. Serve with your choice of side dishes.
FAQs About the Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls Recipe
Can I use pre-cooked bacon in this recipe?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked bacon in this recipe. However, cooking the bacon from scratch is recommended as it will give the roll a crispier texture and a fresher flavor.
Can I make this Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the rolls ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake them. It is best to brush the rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle them with parsley just before baking to ensure they brown and crisp up nicely.
Can I freeze the Australian double cheese and bacon rolls?
Yes, you can freeze the rolls before baking. Once assembled, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight, brush them with beaten egg and parsley, and bake as directed.
Can I make this Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe with homemade puff pastry?
Yes, you can make this recipe with homemade puff pastry. However, it will take more time and effort to make the pastry from scratch. Store-bought puff pastry works just as well and is a time-saving alternative.
Can I add extra fillings to the Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe?
Yes, you can add extra fillings to the roll, such as chopped jalapenos or mushrooms, to give it an extra kick of flavor. However, be careful not to overload the roll as it may not cook evenly.
The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is a great dish that tastes and feels good. As a food critic, I’ve tried a lot of different recipes, but this one stood out to me because of its unique taste and way of making it.
When you put crispy bacon, melted cheese, and soft bread together, you get the perfect mix of salty and sweet tastes. The recipe is also flexible, so it can be changed to fit different dietary needs. For example, vegetarians can use mushrooms or tofu instead of bacon and vegan cheese instead of regular cheese.
The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is also good because it is easy to follow. It is easy to follow, and most supermarkets carry all of the ingredients. The directions are clear and easy to follow, so anyone can make the dish and get great results.
Also, you can make the Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe for any event. This dish is great for a weekend brunch or a quick snack. The rolls can be made ahead of time and heated up when needed, making them a great choice for people who are always on the go.
Lastly, the cultural importance of the recipe cannot be ignored. It shows what Australian food is like and how different the flavors are. As a food critic, I know how important it is to keep cultural traditions alive, and this recipe shows how diverse and full of history Australian food is.
The Australian double cheese and bacon rolls recipe is a must-try for anyone looking for a tasty, easy-to-make dish that is both culturally significant and easy to make. I really think you should give this recipe a try and experience the explosion of flavors it has to offer.
Australian Double Cheese and Bacon Rolls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry brush
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry to a 10-inch square.
- On each square of pastry, layer a slice of cheddar cheese, followed by chopped bacon, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up each square of pastry to form a log.
- Brush the logs with the beaten egg and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Cut each log into 4 equal pieces and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips and TricksMake sure the puff pastry is thawed before starting to roll it out. Rolling out the pastry on a floured surface will prevent it from sticking and make it easier to work with. Brushing the logs with beaten egg will help them to brown and become crispy.
You May Want to Join Our Boondocking Group on Facebook For More Information
You May Want to Join Our Campfire Recipes Group on Facebook For More Information
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape