Last updated on October 23rd, 2023 at 02:13 am
Prepare your taste buds for an unforgettable journey as we explore the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe. This treat combines two chocolatey favorites: chewy Tim Tam biscuits and gooey brownies. These chewy, delicious brownies are great for parties or just a sweet treat to share with loved ones. In this detailed tutorial, you will learn how to make these delectable indulgent squares.
Then for this Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe, get out your Tim Tams, the chocolate-covered cookies that have become an Australian institution. Chopping the biscuits into little, bite-sized pieces will provide the ideal texture. This creates the ideal balance between the biscuit and brownie, making every mouthful a delicious Tim Tam.
Preheat the oven to the temperature called for in your brownie recipe or mix while you cut the Tim Tams. In the meanwhile, prepare a square baking pan, either 8 inches (20 cm) or 9 inches (23 cm) in size, by greasing it and lining it with parchment paper. After baking, the brownies may be taken out of the pan without any trouble.
Melt the chocolate and butter together in a pot over low heat or in a double boiler, then proceed with your preferred brownie recipe. Keep stirring until the mixture reaches a silky smooth consistency. After everything has melted, take the pan from the heat and let it cool for a while.
Want more ideas to round-out your Australian Recipes Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
Follow the directions on your recipe and pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl before adding the sugar. Blend in the eggs one at a time, being sure to incorporate them well after each addition. To heighten the chocolate’s taste, mix in with vanilla essence.
Mix the dry components, including flour, cocoa powder, and salt, into the wet ones gradually. Overmixing the batter might cause the brownies to become rough.
When the brownie batter is smooth, fold in the chopped Tim Tams and make sure they’re uniformly distributed.
Brownie batter flavored with Tim Tams should be poured into the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula. Brownies may be baked for anything from 25 to 35 minutes, depending on the recipe or mix used. Overbaking might cause the brownies to become dry and crumbly. Instead, go for an underbaked state to get that desirable chewiness.
Remove the brownies from the oven and let them rest in the pan for 15 minutes after baking. The brownies may be easily removed from the pan using the parchment paper and then cooled thoroughly on a wire rack.
Once the brownies have cooled, cut them into squares or rectangles using a sharp knife. If you want your cuts to look nice, wipe your knife off every so often.
If you’re looking for a ticket to dessert paradise, this Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe is it. This decadent dessert will satisfy your sweet craving and amaze your visitors with its combination of the beloved Tim Tam biscuit and thick, fudgy brownies. Enjoy every mouthful of this decadent chocolate treat as it whisks you away to a place of bliss.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions is Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
1. Rich, Decadent Flavor: One of the main reasons people love the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe is its rich, decadent flavor. The combination of chocolate, butter, sugar, and Tim Tams creates a mouth-watering treat that is hard to resist. The brownies are soft, chewy, and loaded with chunks of Tim Tams, making them an ideal dessert for chocolate lovers. The unique flavor and texture of Tim Tams add a special touch to the brownies, making them stand out from other brownie recipes.
2. Cultural Significance: The Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe cultural significance is another reason people love it. Tim Tams are an iconic Australian chocolate biscuit, and incorporating them into a brownie recipe is a testament to the rich history and diversity of Australian cuisine. The recipe provides a unique opportunity for individuals to explore and experience different cultures through food.
3. Perfect for Any Occasion: Finally, Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, potluck, or need a quick dessert, this recipe is an excellent choice. The brownies can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer for later use, making them an ideal option for busy individuals. The recipe’s versatility and simplicity also make it a great option for baking with kids or as a fun weekend project.
How To Make Our Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
3/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 Cup Tim Tam biscuits, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C) and line a 8 inch (20cm) square baking tin with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
5. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in the chopped Tim Tams.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the tin before slicing into 8 equal squares and serving.
Nutritional Information For the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
Saturated Fat: 13g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Pots, Pans, and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
A 8×8 inch baking dish
A mixing bowl
A rubber spatula
A heatproof bowl (for double boiling)
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
To store leftovers for the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe, first, let the brownies cool completely. Then, wrap them tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in an airtight container. You can store them at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Substitutions for Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe Ingredients:
If you cannot find Tim Tams, you can substitute them with any other chocolate biscuits or cookies. Also, if you want to make the brownies gluten-free, you can use almond flour or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Substitutions For the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
The Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe does not contain any meat or animal products, so it is already vegetarian. However, if you want to make it vegan, you can use vegan butter and substitute eggs with a flaxseed or chia seed mixture.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Use room temperature eggs
Melt the butter before mixing it with other ingredients
Roughly chop the Tim Tams into small bite-sized pieces
Use a whisk to combine the ingredients for a smooth and even batter
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
Since the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe is a dessert, you can serve it with various beverages, such as coffee, tea, or milk. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top of the brownies for an extra treat.
How To Serve the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
To serve the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe, cut them into 8 equal pieces and place them on a serving plate. You can add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the brownies. Serve with your favorite beverage and enjoy!
FAQs About the Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies Recipe
Can I use any type of chocolate biscuits for the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate biscuits or cookies as a substitute for Tim Tams.
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter in the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe?
Yes, you can use salted butter, but be sure to adjust the amount of salt you add to the recipe accordingly.
Can I use a different size baking dish for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a different size baking dish, but keep in mind that the cooking time and the thickness of the brownies may be affected. Adjust the cooking time accordingly and check the brownies with a toothpick to ensure they are fully cooked.
Can I make this Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using almond flour or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Can I make this Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator or up to 3 days at room temperature. Just be sure to let the brownies cool completely before storing them to prevent them from getting soggy.
I have to say that anyone with a sweet tooth will love the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe. When you put together the chewy brownies and the crunchy Tim Tams, the result is just heaven. As a food critic, I’ve tried a lot of desserts, but this one stands out because of the way it tastes and feels.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is easy to make and uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients. The recipe can be changed to make it gluten-free or vegan, for example, to meet different dietary needs. It is also a great choice for a quick dessert that can be made ahead of time and tastes great.
The directions for the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe are easy to follow, and the brownies always turn out great. The brownies are soft and chewy, and they taste like rich chocolate. The Tim Tams add a nice crunch and a little sweetness.
I’d like to add that you should wait until the brownies are completely cool before cutting them into pieces, because they can be a little fragile when they are still hot. For the best results, you should also use good chocolate and cocoa powder.
Overall, I think the Australian chewy Tim Tam brownies recipe is a great idea, whether you’ve baked before or not. It’s a great way to show off to your family and friends and satisfy your sweet tooth. I will definitely make this recipe over and over again.
Australian Chewy Tim Tam Brownies
- 8x8 inch baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Heatproof bowl (for double boiling)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup Tim Tam biscuits, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C) and line a 8 inch (20cm) square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped Tim Tams.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the tin before slicing into 8 equal squares and serving
Tips and TricksUse room temperature eggs. Melt the butter before mixing it with other ingredients. Roughly chop the Tim Tams into small bite-sized pieces. Use a whisk to combine the ingredients for a smooth and even batter.
You May Want to Join Our Boondocking Group on Facebook For More Information
You May Want to Join Our Campfire Recipes Group on Facebook For More Information
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape