Last updated on October 12th, 2023 at 12:49 am
I found a New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe that is so fun and tasty! It’s a sweet treat that I knew I had to try. I love discovering new recipes to share with my friends and family, and this one is a winner. The first time I tried the Lolly Cake, I couldn’t believe how delicious it was. The cake is soft, chewy, and colorful, making it a perfect dessert for any occasion. The best part is, it’s easy to make and doesn’t need any unusual tools or ingredients.
Want more ideas to round-out your Haitian Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
One thing I really like about this recipe is that it’s a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen. They can help with mixing the ingredients and rolling the cake into a log shape. They’ll also love adding the colorful candy pieces to the cake, making it even more fun to eat. The Lolly Cake is not only a tasty treat but also a great conversation starter. When I served it at a recent gathering, everyone was asking me for the recipe. They were so surprised to learn how simple it was to make. I’ve even had friends tell me that they’ve made it for their own parties and it was a big hit.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
Another great thing about the Lolly Cake is that you can customize it to suit your taste. You can choose your favorite candies to mix into the cake, making it unique to you. It’s also easy to make it gluten-free or vegan by swapping out a few ingredients. The possibilities are endless! I’ve made the Lolly Cake several times now, and it’s always a hit with my family and friends. I’ve even taken it to work and my coworkers couldn’t get enough of it. It’s a fun and easy dessert that everyone will enjoy.
So, if you’re looking for a new dessert recipe to try, I highly recommend giving the Lolly Cake a go. It’s simple, delicious, and sure to impress your friends and family. Don’t forget to check out the recipe card below for all the details on how to make this tasty treat. The New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe is a fun, easy, and tasty dessert that you and your loved ones will enjoy. The soft, chewy cake, paired with colorful candy pieces, makes it a perfect treat for any occasion. Plus, it’s a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen, teaching them valuable cooking skills while having a blast. I hope you give it a try and share it with your friends and family – they’ll be asking for the recipe in no time!
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
1. Easy to Make: One reason people love the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe is because it’s so easy to make. When I tried it, I was amazed by how simple the process was. There’s no need for fancy kitchen gadgets or special skills, making it perfect for beginners or busy cooks. The steps are clear, and it doesn’t take long to prepare. Plus, the ingredients are easy to find at any local store. It’s a dessert that anyone can make, even if they don’t have much experience in the kitchen.
2. Fun and Colorful: Another reason people adore the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe is its fun and colorful appearance. The moment I saw it, I knew it would be a hit at parties and gatherings. The bright candy pieces mixed into the cake create a playful look that catches everyone’s eye. It’s a dessert that brings joy and excitement to the table, making it a favorite among both kids and adults.
3. Delicious Taste: The third reason people can’t get enough of the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe is its delicious taste. When I first tried it, I was blown away by the combination of the soft, chewy cake and the sweet candy pieces. It’s a unique and delightful treat that satisfies any sweet tooth. The flavors blend together perfectly, creating a dessert that is both memorable and satisfying. It’s no wonder everyone I’ve shared it with has asked for the recipe – it’s just that good!
How To Make Our New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
7 oz. malt biscuits, crushed
1 cup desiccated coconut
3.5 oz. butter, melted
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
5.3 oz. fruit puffs, chopped into small pieces
Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
1. In a large bowl, mix together the crushed malt biscuits and desiccated coconut.
2. Add in the melted butter and sweetened condensed milk, and mix until well combined.
3. Fold in the chopped fruit puffs.
4. Line a loaf pan with baking paper, and press the mixture firmly into the pan.
5. Sprinkle extra desiccated coconut over the top of the mixture.
6. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the mixture is firm.
7. Remove from the pan and slice into 8 even portions.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information For the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
Saturated Fat: 16g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: N/A (Refrigeration time: at least 2 hours)
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
Large mixing bowl
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Substitutions For the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
Malt biscuits can be substituted with digestive biscuits or graham crackers.
Desiccated coconut can be substituted with shredded coconut.
Butter can be substituted with margarine or coconut oil.
Sweetened condensed milk can be substituted with coconut condensed milk.
Fruit puffs can be substituted with jelly beans, gummy bears or dried fruit.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
No substitutions necessary, this recipe is already vegetarian.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Use a food processor to crush the biscuits and chop the fruit puffs for easier and more even mixing.
Make sure to press the mixture firmly into the pan to ensure that it sets properly.
If the mixture is too sticky to handle, wet your hands slightly before pressing it into the pan.
You can add additional desiccated coconut to the mixture if you prefer a more coconutty flavor.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
Fresh fruit salad
Vanilla ice cream
Hot tea or coffee
How To Serve the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe?
Remove the New Zealand Lolly Cake from the loaf pan and slice into 8 even portions.
Serve chilled and enjoy!
FAQ About the New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
What is the history of the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe?
The New Zealand Lolly Cake is a classic Kiwi treat that has been around for decades. It is a popular no-bake dessert made with crushed malt biscuits, coconut, condensed milk, and fruit puffs.
Can I make a gluten-free version of the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe?
Yes, you can substitute the malt biscuits with gluten-free biscuits or crackers to make a gluten-free version of the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe.
Can I use other types of candy instead of fruit puffs in the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of small, soft candy in place of fruit puffs, such as jelly beans, gummy bears, or even dried fruit.
How long does it take for the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe to set in the fridge?
It takes at least 2 hours for the New Zealand Lolly Cake to set in the fridge, but it’s best to leave it in the fridge overnight for best results.
Can I freeze the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe for later?
Yes, you can freeze the New Zealand Lolly Cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. Let it thaw in the fridge before serving.
I finally made the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe at home, and it was everything I hoped it would be! I was eager to share my experience with this delightful dessert, as it has quickly become a favorite in my household. After trying it for the first time, I was excited to make it again and share my thoughts with you. The process of making the Lolly Cake was smooth and enjoyable. As I mentioned earlier, it’s easy to make, which meant I could relax and have fun while preparing it. I appreciated not needing any special tools or hard-to-find ingredients, making it accessible for anyone to enjoy.
Upon taking my first bite, I was reminded of why I fell in love with this recipe in the first place. The taste was incredible – a perfect balance of sweet and chewy, with the candy pieces adding a delightful touch. I couldn’t help but smile as I savored each delicious bite. Sharing the Lolly Cake with my family was an added bonus. They were eager to try it and were instantly smitten with its taste and appearance. The colorful candies sparked conversation, and I was happy to see everyone enjoying this delightful dessert. It’s a recipe that I know I’ll be making time and time again, as it brings joy to everyone who tries it.
In conclusion, the New Zealand Lolly Cake recipe has proven itself to be a winner. Its simplicity in preparation, fun appearance, and irresistible taste have cemented it as a favorite in my household. I’m confident that, after trying it, you’ll love it just as much as I do. So, don’t hesitate to give this recipe a try and experience the joy it brings to any gathering or family meal. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts and see how much you enjoy this delightful dessert!
New Zealand Lolly Cake Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Loaf pan
- Baking paper
- Plastic wrap
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 7 oz malt biscuits crushed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3.5 oz butter melted
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 5.3 oz fruit puffs chopped into small pieces
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- In a large bowl, mix together the crushed malt biscuits and desiccated coconut.
- Add in the melted butter and sweetened condensed milk, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped fruit puffs.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper, and press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Sprinkle extra desiccated coconut over the top of the mixture.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the mixture is firm.
- Remove from the pan and slice into 8 even portions.
- Serve and enjoy!