Last updated on October 12th, 2023 at 12:38 am
I found this amazing New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe, and I just had to try it. The recipe card below has all the ingredients and cooking instructions you need to make these delicious treats. These crisps are not only tasty but also have some great benefits that I would like to share with you. First, let’s talk about kiwis. These small, fuzzy fruits are packed with vitamins and minerals that help keep our bodies healthy. They are a great source of vitamin C, which helps our immune system stay strong. They also have vitamin K, vitamin E, and potassium. Kiwis are good for our hearts, too, as they help to lower blood pressure.
Want more ideas to round-out your Haitian Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
Another benefit of this recipe is that it’s super easy to make. Even if you don’t have much experience in the kitchen, you can whip up a batch of these tasty crisps in no time. The recipe card will guide you through each step, so you can feel confident in making them. Now, let’s talk about the taste. These crisps have a unique and delightful flavor that’s hard to resist. The sweetness of the kiwi is balanced with a hint of tartness, making them a perfect treat for any time of the day. Plus, their crisp texture adds a satisfying crunch that will keep you coming back for more.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
One more thing I love about this recipe is that it’s a healthier alternative to many store-bought snacks. These crisps are made with fresh ingredients, so you know exactly what’s going into your body. And because they’re homemade, you can control the amount of sugar and other ingredients to suit your taste and dietary needs. In summary, this New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe is an easy-to-make, delicious, and healthy snack option. The recipe card below has everything you need to create these tasty treats, so give them a try and enjoy the benefits of kiwis in a new and delightful way.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe?
1. Unique Flavor Combination: The New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe offers a unique flavor combination that I absolutely love. When I tried this recipe, I was pleasantly surprised by the mix of sweet and tart flavors in each crisp. The kiwi fruit provides a natural sweetness, while the other ingredients help to create a slightly tangy taste. This balance of flavors is what makes these crisps so special and enjoyable for everyone who tries them.
2. Simple and Easy to Make: I adore the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe because it is simple and easy to make. As someone who found this recipe and decided to try it, I was happy to see that it didn’t require any complicated techniques or hard-to-find ingredients. The steps are clear and easy to follow, making it perfect for cooks of any skill level. This means more people can enjoy making and sharing these tasty crisps with friends and family.
3. Healthier Snack Option: Another reason I love the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe is that it offers a healthier snack option. When I tried this recipe, I noticed that it uses fresh ingredients like kiwi fruit, which are packed with vitamins and minerals. This makes these crisps a better choice compared to many store-bought snacks that can be high in sugar and unhealthy fats. By making these crisps at home, I can control the quality and quantity of the ingredients, ensuring that I am enjoying a nutritious and delicious treat.
How To Make Our New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
4 large kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil, for frying
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
3. Place the panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
4. Dip each kiwifruit slice into the flour mixture, then into the milk mixture, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs to adhere to the kiwifruit slices.
5. Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Fry the coated kiwifruit slices in batches until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Transfer the fried kiwi crisps to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
8. Serve immediately while still warm and crispy.
Nutritional Information For the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Saturated Fat: 1g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Three shallow bowls
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
The best way to store leftovers is to let them cool completely, then place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in the oven at 350°F for about 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and crispy.
Substitutions For the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Instead of kiwifruit, you can use apples or pears.
Instead of all-purpose flour, you can use a gluten-free flour blend.
Instead of panko breadcrumbs, you can use regular breadcrumbs or cornflakes crumbs.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
This recipe is already vegetarian-friendly.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Use a mandoline or a sharp knife to slice the kiwifruit thinly and evenly.
Make sure to press the breadcrumbs onto the kiwi slices to ensure they stick well.
Fry the kiwi crisps in batches to prevent overcrowding in the skillet and ensure even cooking.
Keep an eye on the temperature of the oil, as it can easily become too hot and burn the kiwi crisps.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Sweet potato fries
How To Serve the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Serve the kiwi crisps immediately while they are still warm and crispy. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over them for extra flavor. You can also serve them with a dipping sauce of your choice, such as sweet chili sauce, ranch dressing, or aioli.
FAQ About the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
Can I use green or golden kiwifruit to make the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe?
Yes, you can use either green or golden kiwifruit to make the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe. Both varieties work well, but some people prefer the sweeter taste of golden kiwifruit.
What dipping sauces pair well with the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe?
The New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe pairs well with a variety of dipping sauces, such as sweet chili sauce, ranch dressing, or aioli. You can also sprinkle some salt and pepper over the kiwi crisps for extra flavor.
Is it possible to make the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend and gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Can I make the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe in advance?
While the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe is best served immediately after frying, you can make them in advance and reheat them in the oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes to restore their crispiness.
After trying the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe, I can’t stop thinking about how much I enjoyed them. When I returned home and cooked them myself, I was reminded of all the reasons these crisps have quickly become one of my favorites. The process of making these crisps was a pleasure. The recipe was easy to follow, and it didn’t take long to have a batch of delicious treats ready for me and my family. I was also impressed by how they looked when they were finished, with their vibrant green color from the kiwi fruit making them visually appealing.
One of the best things about these kiwi crisps is that they are a healthier snack choice. I feel good knowing that I’m providing my family with a treat that’s not only tasty but also full of important nutrients. The natural sweetness of the kiwi fruit means we don’t need to add a lot of extra sugar, and that’s something I truly appreciate. Another standout feature of the New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe is the unique flavor combination. The sweet and tangy taste of the crisps is something that keeps me coming back for more. I can’t wait to share this delightful snack with my friends and see their reactions when they taste them for the first time.
The New Zealand Kiwi Crisps recipe is an excellent addition to my collection of tried and loved recipes. It’s simple, nutritious, and delicious, and I’m thrilled to have found such a unique and delightful treat to enjoy and share with others.
New Zealand Kiwi Crisps Recipe
- medium bowl
- Three shallow bowls
- Large Skillet
- Paper towels
- 4 large kiwifruit peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dip each kiwifruit slice into the flour mixture, then into the milk mixture, and finally into the panko breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs to adhere to the kiwifruit slices.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the coated kiwifruit slices in batches until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fried kiwi crisps to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve immediately while still warm and crispy.