Last updated on October 1st, 2023 at 10:15 pm
When I first tried the Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe. I knew I had found something special. During a trip, I stumbled upon this delightful dish, and I couldn’t wait to share it with you all. The Salmon Soup is a warm and comforting meal that comes from the beautiful country of Finland. It’s perfect for those cold days when you want to enjoy a delicious, homemade soup. With a creamy broth and flavorful chunks of salmon, it’s hard not to love this dish. It’s also very simple to make, which means you can easily try it at home.
Want more ideas to round-out your Finland Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
When I first tasted this soup, I was amazed by its rich and creamy texture. The flavors blend so well together, creating a taste that is both unique and familiar at the same time. I couldn’t help but go back for seconds, and I’m sure you’ll feel the same way once you try it. This dish is perfect for gatherings with friends or family, or even just for a quiet night in. The aroma that fills your kitchen while you’re cooking the soup is simply amazing, and it will definitely make you feel cozy and at home. I promise you that once you try this Finland Salmon Soup Recipe, you’ll want to make it a regular part of your meal rotation.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
As you’ll see in the recipe card below, making this delicious Salmon Soup is a breeze. The ingredients are easy to find, and the instructions are clear and simple to follow. Just remember to give yourself enough time to enjoy the process of cooking, as that’s part of the fun! I hope you enjoy making and tasting this fantastic Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe as much as I did. I’m sure that once you’ve tried it, you’ll be eager to share it with your loved ones. Happy cooking, and enjoy your delicious Salmon Soup!
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Finland Salmon Soup Recipe
1. Easy to Make: One of the main reasons I love the Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe or Salmon Soup is because it’s so easy to make. As someone who loves trying new recipes, I was happy to find that this soup doesn’t require any complicated techniques or hard-to-find ingredients. The steps are simple to follow, which means you can have a delicious meal ready in no time. This is great for busy days when I still want to enjoy a homemade dish without spending too much time in the kitchen.
2. Healthy and Nutritious: Another reason why I think people love the Salmon Soup is its health benefits. The soup is full of nutritious ingredients like salmon, which is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Plus, the vegetables in the soup add vitamins and minerals that are essential for our overall well-being. It’s a great way to enjoy a tasty meal while still taking care of our bodies, and I think that’s something we can all appreciate.
3. Perfect for Different Occasions: Lastly, the Finland Salmon Soup Recipe or Salmon Soup is a versatile dish that’s perfect for various occasions. Whether it’s a family dinner, a gathering with friends, or a simple meal for one, this soup fits right in. It’s easy to adjust the portion size, and the soup is delicious no matter when or where you serve it. I love having a go-to recipe like this that I can rely on for any situation, and I think that’s one of the reasons why so many people adore this dish.
How To Make Our Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
1.5 lbs of salmon fillets
8 cups of water
1 bay leaf
5-6 whole allspice berries
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
2 cups of heavy cream
1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill
1. Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
3. Peel and dice the potatoes, and add them to the pot.
4. Clean and chop the leek, onion, and carrot and add them to the pot.
5. Add the bay leaf, allspice berries, salt, and black pepper to the pot.
6. Let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
7. Add the salmon to the pot and let it simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
8. Remove the bay leaf and allspice berries.
9. Add the heavy cream and chopped dill to the pot, and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
10. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the pot and stir.
11. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Nutritional Information For the Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe
Saturated Fat: 11g
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe
Large pot for cooking the soup
Cutting board and knife for preparing ingredients
Lemon squeezer (optional)
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Finland Salmon Soup Recipe
The soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Glass or plastic containers are both suitable for storage.
Substitutions For the Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe
For the salmon, you could use another type of fish, such as trout or cod.
Instead of heavy cream, you could use half-and-half, whole milk, or coconut milk for a dairy-free option.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Finland Salmon Soup Recipe
Use vegetable broth instead of water, and omit the salmon.
Add vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or zucchini for additional flavor and texture.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Use a sharp knife to cut the vegetables and salmon into uniform pieces for even cooking.
Be sure to remove the bay leaf and allspice berries before adding the cream and lemon juice.
If you want a thicker soup, mash some of the potatoes with a fork or immersion blender before adding the salmon and cream.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Finland Salmon Soup Recipe
Finnish Karelian pies
Crusty bread rolls
How To Serve the Finish Salmon Soup Recipe
Ladle the soup into bowls.
Serve with bread or other side dishes, if desired.
FAQ About the Finland Salmon Soup Recipe
What is the origin of Finnish Salmon Soup recipe?
Salmon Soup is a traditional Finnish soup made with salmon, potatoes, and cream, and is commonly eaten in Finland during the winter months.
Can I use frozen salmon for Finland Salmon Soup recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen salmon fillets in this recipe. Just be sure to thaw them completely before adding to the soup.
Is Finnish Salmon Soup healthy?
Salmon Soup is a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and potassium from the salmon and potatoes, but is also high in fat and cholesterol due to the use of heavy cream.
Can I make Finnish Salmon Soup recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Finland Salmon Soup recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a few days before reheating and serving.
What are some variations of Finnish Salmon Soup recipe?
Some variations include using different types of fish or seafood, adding different vegetables like carrots or peas, or using a different type of cream or milk.
In the end, the Finland Salmon Soup Recipe or Salmon Soup turned out to be a delightful find on my trip. After returning home and trying the recipe for myself, I can’t express enough how much I enjoyed it. The taste, the aroma, and the warmth of the soup made it a truly memorable meal. Cooking the Salmon Soup at home allowed me to appreciate the flavors even more. It reminded me of the experience I had when I first tasted it during my travels. The blend of creamy broth, tender salmon, and fresh vegetables created a perfect harmony in every spoonful.
I’m so glad I came across this recipe and had the chance to share it with others. It’s always a joy to discover new and delicious dishes that are simple to make, yet bring so much pleasure to our taste buds. I’m looking forward to making the Salmon Soup for my friends and family, and I’m sure they will love it as much as I do. If you haven’t tried the Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe or Salmon Soup yet, I encourage you to give it a go. You won’t be disappointed by its rich flavors and comforting warmth. Happy cooking, and enjoy the incredible taste of this amazing Salmon Soup!
Finnish Salmon Soup Recipe
- Large pot for cooking the soup
- Cutting board and knife for preparing ingredients
- Lemon squeezer (optional)
- 1.5 lbs of salmon fillets
- 8 cups of water
- 6-8 potatoes
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-6 whole allspice berries
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Peel and dice the potatoes, and add them to the pot.
- Clean and chop the leek, onion, and carrot and add them to the pot.
- Add the bay leaf, allspice berries, salt, and black pepper to the pot.
- Let the soup simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the salmon to the pot and let it simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and allspice berries.
- Add the heavy cream and chopped dill to the pot, and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the pot and stir.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.