Last updated on October 1st, 2023 at 10:17 pm
I recently discovered the Finnish Mustikkapiirakka Recipe or Creamy Blueberry Pie recipe, and I just had to try it! On a trip, I came across this amazing dessert and it instantly became a favorite of mine. I knew I had to learn how to make it myself and share it with all of you. So, I brought the recipe home and got to work in my kitchen. This pie is so delicious and perfect for any time of the year. The sweet and tangy blueberries combined with the creamy filling are a match made in heaven. When I took my first bite, I was blown away by the amazing flavors and textures that came together in each mouthful.
Want more ideas to round-out your Finland Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it’s not too hard to make. It takes a little bit of time and effort, but it’s worth it when you taste the final product. The pie crust is nice and flaky, while the filling is rich and creamy. Plus, the blueberries bring a burst of fruity goodness to every bite. One tip I have for making this pie is to use fresh blueberries if you can. They have a more vibrant taste and color than frozen ones. But if you can’t find fresh blueberries, don’t worry! Frozen ones will work just fine.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
Another great thing about this pie is that it’s easy to customize. You can try using different berries or even a mix of berries to create your own unique flavor. Just make sure to adjust the sugar in the recipe if you’re using a sweeter fruit. I can’t wait for you all to try this Creamy Blueberry Pie recipe. It’s a dessert that’s sure to impress your friends and family, and it’s perfect for any gathering or celebration. So, go ahead and give it a try, and let me know what you think in the comments below! And don’t forget to check out the recipe card below for the ingredients and cooking instructions.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
1. The Crust is Buttery and Flavorful: The combination of flour, butter, sugar, and baking powder creates a rich and crumbly texture that complements the blueberry filling. The crust has a slight sweetness that balances out the tartness of the blueberries, making for a perfect dessert.
2. Delicious and Easy to Make: Made with fresh or frozen blueberries, sugar, and a little bit of cornstarch, the filling bursts with flavor and sweetness. The blueberries add a refreshing burst of tartness that complements the sweet and buttery crust. The filling is quick and easy to prepare, taking only a few minutes to mix together.
3. Simple and Easy to Follow: With just a few ingredients and simple instructions, even beginner bakers can make this delicious dessert. The crust comes together quickly in a food processor, and the blueberry filling is easy to mix together. Once assembled, the tart bakes in the oven for a short amount of time, making it a quick and easy dessert to whip up for any occasion.
How To Make Our Finnish Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until a dough forms.
6. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and transfer to a 9-inch pie dish.
7. Prick the dough with a fork and sprinkle blueberries over the bottom.
8. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
9. Pour the cream mixture over the blueberries.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
11. Allow to cool before serving.
Nutritional Information For the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
Saturated Fat: 11g
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Finnish Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
9-inch pie dish
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
Leftover Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Substitutions For the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
All-purpose flour can be substituted with a gluten-free flour blend.
Unsalted butter can be substituted with salted butter, but reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
Whole milk can be substituted with a plant-based milk, such as almond milk.
Blueberries can be substituted with other berries, such as raspberries or blackberries.
Heavy cream can be substituted with coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk for a vegan option.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Finnish Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
This recipe is already vegetarian.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Use cold butter for a flakier crust.
Make sure the crust is well pricked with a fork before adding the blueberries to prevent the crust from puffing up.
Use fresh blueberries for the best flavor and texture.
You can add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg to the cream mixture for extra flavor.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
Vanilla ice cream
Finnish coffee, such as kahvi
Finnish tea, such as mustikka or lakkakarkki
How To Serve the Finnish Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
Serve the Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie at room temperature, topped with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
FAQ About the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
What is the origin of the Finnish Mustikkapiirakka recipe?
Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie is a traditional Finnish dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. It is made with fresh blueberries and a creamy filling, and is often served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Can frozen blueberries be used in the Finland Mustikkapiirakka recipe?
Yes, frozen blueberries can be used in the Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie recipe. Just be sure to thaw them before using and drain off any excess liquid.
Can the crust for the Finnish Mustikkapiirakka recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, the crust can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to use. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before rolling it out.
Can the Finland Mustikkapiirakka recipe be made ahead of time?
Yes, the Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. It’s best to add the whipped cream or ice cream just before serving.
Can I use a different type of berry in the Finnish Mustikkapiirakka recipe?
Yes, you can use other types of berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries, in the Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie recipe. Just be sure to adjust the amount of sugar and lemon juice to suit the sweetness and acidity of the berries.
As a food blogger, I had the pleasure of trying the Finland Mustikkapiirakka recipe, also known as Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie, during a trip to Finland. This traditional Finnish dessert is truly a delight for the senses. The buttery crust is the perfect complement to the creamy blueberry filling, which is both tart and sweet. I was amazed at how easy it was to make this pie once I returned home and tried the recipe myself. With just a few simple ingredients, I was able to recreate the same delicious taste that I experienced in Finland.
One thing I particularly love about this Finnish Mustikkapiirakka recipe is its versatility. The pie can be served warm or cold and is delicious on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s a great dessert to make for any occasion, whether it’s a family gathering or a dinner party with friends.
Overall, I highly recommend trying the Finland Mustikkapiirakka Recipe or Finland Creamy Blueberry Pie recipe. It’s a wonderful way to experience a traditional Finnish dessert and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious pie as much as I have!
Finnish Mustikkapiirakka Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- 9-inch pie dish
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface and transfer to a 9-inch pie dish.
- Prick the dough with a fork and sprinkle blueberries over the bottom.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the cream mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.