Last updated on October 1st, 2023 at 05:29 am
I recently discovered a delicious Bosnian Prijesnac recipe that I want to share with my friends. This recipe is a type of cottage cheese pie that originates from Bosnia and Herzegovina. It’s a traditional dish that is usually served during special occasions like weddings, Easter, and Christmas.
Want more ideas to round-out your Bosnian Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
Making this pie is easy, and the ingredients are simple. The crust is made of flour, baking powder, and yogurt. The filling is a mixture of cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. The pie is baked in the oven until it’s golden brown. What I love about this dish is its creamy texture and rich taste. It’s a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. Plus, it’s a great source of protein and calcium from the cottage cheese.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape
I also discovered that this dish has some health benefits. Cottage cheese is a low-fat dairy product that is rich in protein, calcium, and other nutrients. It can help improve digestion, promote muscle growth, and support bone health. If you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious dessert or snack, I highly recommend trying this Bosnian Prijesnac recipe. You can find the recipe card below for easy reference.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Bosnia Prijesnac Recipe
1. Delicious Flavor: The first reason people love the Bosnian Prijesnac recipe is the delicious flavor. The combination of the slightly sweet crust with the tangy cottage cheese filling is simply divine. The vanilla extract adds a touch of warmth and sweetness, while the eggs give the filling a rich, custard-like texture. Overall, the flavors of this dish are balanced, and it’s a perfect combination of savory and sweet.
2. Nutritious Ingredients: Another reason people love the Bosnian Prijesnac recipe is the nutritious ingredients. Cottage cheese is the main ingredient in this dish, and it’s a great source of protein, calcium, and other nutrients. Cottage cheese is also low in fat, making it a healthier alternative to other cheeses. The yogurt in the crust adds a tangy flavor and also provides probiotics, which are good for gut health. Overall, this dish is a great way to add some healthy protein and nutrients to your diet.
3. Traditional Recipe: The final reason people love the Bosnia Prijesnac recipe is that it’s a traditional recipe with deep roots in Bosnian culture. This dish is usually served during special occasions and holidays, making it a part of Bosnian tradition and heritage. By making this dish, you’re not only enjoying a delicious meal, but you’re also experiencing a bit of Bosnian culture and history.
Bosnian Prijesnac is a traditional cheese pie dish from Bosnia that is made with simple ingredients. It is a type of savory pie that is prepared using cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, flour, and butter. The crust is flaky and the filling is creamy and flavorful.
To make the dish, the ingredients are mixed together and baked in the oven until the top is golden brown. The result is a delicious and satisfying meal that can be served as a main dish or as a snack. The Prijesnac recipe is highly regarded for its simplicity, affordability, and versatility. It can be prepared in a short amount of time and it can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Additionally, it can be customized to include various ingredients and spices to suit different tastes and preferences.
Overall, the Bosnian Prijesnac recipe is a delightful dish that is easy to make and highly satisfying. It is a popular dish in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and it has gained popularity in other parts of the world due to its unique and delicious taste.
How To Make Our Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe
Ingredients: (8 Servings)
1 lb cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, and eggs. Mix well.
3. Gradually add in the flour and mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Add in the melted butter and salt to taste. Mix well.
5. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
7. Allow the Prijesnac to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information For the Bosnia Prijesnac Recipe
Saturated Fat: 12g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Pots, Pans, and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe
To make Bosnian Prijesnac recipe, you will need a mixing bowl, a whisk, a rolling pin, a 9-inch pie dish, a knife, a cutting board, and a large skillet.
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Bosnia Prijesnac Recipe
To store leftovers of Bosnian Prijesnac recipe, let the pie cool completely, then cover the dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can reheat the pie in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
Substitutions For the Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe
You can substitute feta cheese for the cottage cheese and sour cream for the heavy cream to give the recipe a different twist. You can also use phyllo dough instead of pie dough to make it lighter and crispier.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Bosnia Prijesnac Recipe
To make a vegetarian version of Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe, replace the ground beef with chopped mushrooms, or skip the meat entirely and add more vegetables like spinach or zucchini.
Tips and Tricks for Easier Creation
To make the pie easier to prepare, you can use store-bought pie dough and pre-shredded cheese. You can also make the filling a day in advance and store it in the fridge until you are ready to bake the pie.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Bosnia Prijesnac Recipe
Bosnia Prijesnac recipe is a complete meal on its own, but you can serve it with a fresh salad, pickled vegetables, or roasted vegetables like carrots or broccoli.
How To Serve the Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe
Let the pie cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Cut the pie into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy the Bosnian Prijesnac recipe as a main dish or as a snack.
FAQs About the Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe
1. What is a Bosnian Prijesnac recipe?
A Bosnia Prijesnac recipe is a traditional Bosnian dish that is a type of cheese pie made with cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, and phyllo dough.
2. Can I make a vegetarian Bosnian Prijesnac recipe?
Yes, a vegetarian Bosnian Prijesnac recipe can be made by omitting the meat from the recipe and adding extra vegetables or using a meat substitute.
3. How long does it take to make a Bosnia Prijesnac recipe?
The prep time for a Bosnian Prijesnac recipe is typically around 15-20 minutes, and the cooking time is about 45-50 minutes, making the total time needed around an hour.
4. Can I make a Bosnian Prijesnac recipe ahead of time and reheat it?
Yes, a Bosnia Prijesnac recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. To reheat, it can be placed in the oven for a few minutes until heated through.
5. What are some traditional side dishes that go well with a Bosnian Prijesnac recipe?
Some traditional side dishes that go well with a Bosnian Prijesnac recipe include a simple green salad, roasted vegetables, or a cucumber and tomato salad.
After returning from Bosnia, I was eager to try out the traditional Bosnian Prijesnac recipe that I had heard so much about. As I started cooking, the aroma of the dish filled my kitchen, and I couldn’t wait to see how it would turn out. The process of making the Prijesnac was simple enough, and I had all the ingredients on hand, which was a relief.
Once the dish was ready, I was delighted with the result. The Prijesnac had a soft and creamy texture, and the cheese and egg mixture gave it a unique and savory flavor. The recipe was easy to follow, and the final dish was incredibly delicious.
I particularly enjoyed the fact that this dish could be eaten at any time of day, as it is a versatile dish that can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The Prijesnac can also be served hot or cold, making it a great option for those who want to meal prep or have leftovers.
Overall, my experience with the Bosnian Prijesnac recipe was excellent, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves trying new and unique dishes. The recipe is easy to follow, and the final result is a tasty and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere.
Bosnian Prijesnac Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- 9-inch pie dish
- Cutting board
- Large Skillet
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, and eggs. Mix well.
- Gradually add in the flour and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the melted butter and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Allow the Prijesnac to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.