Last updated on October 1st, 2023 at 10:12 pm
I discovered the Finnish Rosolli recipe on a recent trip, and I just had to try it. This traditional dish is a colorful and tasty salad, perfect for enjoying with family and friends. I love trying new recipes from different places, and this one really caught my eye.
Want more ideas to round-out your Finland Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
When I first saw the Finnish Rosolli, I was amazed by its bright colors. The red beets, orange carrots, and white potatoes create a beautiful mix that’s hard to resist. I learned that people in Finland often make this salad for special occasions, like Christmas and Easter. I think it’s a fun way to share their food traditions with loved ones.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
Making the Finland Rosolli recipe is easy and fun. You only need a few simple ingredients, which you can find at your local store. What I like most about this dish is that it’s healthy and full of nutrients. The beets, carrots, and potatoes are all good for you, and they taste great together.
As I prepared the Finnish Rosolli recipe, I enjoyed the lovely smells coming from the kitchen. The mix of fresh veggies and pickles made my mouth water. I couldn’t wait to taste the finished dish! When it was ready, I served it in a big bowl so everyone could try some. We all loved it, and it became a new favorite in my home.
If you’re looking for a tasty, healthy, and easy-to-make dish, I highly recommend giving the Finland Rosolli recipe a try. It’s a great way to bring some Finnish flavors into your life and impress your friends and family. Don’t be surprised if they ask you for the recipe this salad is sure to be a hit!
I hope you enjoy making and eating this Finnish Rosolli recipe as much as I did. It’s a fantastic dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Give it a try, and you might just find your new favorite salad!
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Finland Rosolli Recipe
1. Colorful and Appetizing Appearance: When I first tried the Finnish Rosolli recipe, I was drawn to its colorful and appetizing appearance. The mix of red beets, orange carrots, and white potatoes makes this salad look so inviting. It’s a feast for the eyes, and I believe that’s one reason people love it so much. When you see a dish that looks this good, it’s hard not to want to dig in and enjoy it. The beautiful colors also make it a great dish to serve when you want to impress your guests.
2. Healthy and Nutritious: Another reason people love the Finland Rosolli recipe is that it’s healthy and nutritious. The salad is full of veggies like beets, carrots, and potatoes, which are all packed with vitamins and minerals. When I made this dish, I felt good knowing that I was eating something that was not only delicious but also good for me. It’s a wonderful option for those who are looking for tasty ways to include more vegetables in their diet.
3. Easy to Prepare: Lastly, I think people love the Finnish Rosolli recipe because it’s easy to prepare. You don’t need any fancy cooking skills or equipment to make this dish. It’s a simple recipe that anyone can follow, even if you’re not an experienced cook. When I tried it, I found the instructions straightforward, and I had no trouble putting everything together. The ease of preparation makes it a perfect choice for busy people who still want to enjoy a homemade meal.
How To Make Our Finland Rosolli Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
4 medium-sized Rosollis, boiled, peeled, and chopped into small cubes
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
1 tsp of honey
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
1. Boil the Rosollis until they are tender. Then, peel and chop them into small cubes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped Rosollis, finely chopped red onion, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta cheese.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
4. Pour the dressing over the Rosolli mixture and stir gently to combine.
5. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
6. Before serving, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional Information For the Finland Rosolli Recipe
Saturated Fat: 2g
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Finnish Rosolli Recipe
Large pot for boiling Rosollis
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Finland Rosolli Recipe
Store leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Substitutions For the Finland Rosolli Recipe
Instead of walnuts, you can use pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts.
Instead of feta cheese, you can use goat cheese, blue cheese, or gorgonzola.
You can use white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar.
You can use agave nectar or maple syrup instead of honey.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Finnish Rosolli Recipe
This recipe is already vegetarian-friendly.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
To save time, you can boil the Rosollis a day in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Wear gloves while peeling and chopping Rosollis to avoid staining your hands.
You can also use pre-cooked Rosollis available at grocery stores to save time.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Finnish Rosolli Recipe
Grilled chicken or fish
Quinoa or rice pilaf
Fresh green salad
How To Serve the Finland Rosolli Recipe
Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
FAQ About the Finland Rosolli Recipe
How long can the traditional Rosolli Salad recipe be refrigerated?
Answer: The traditional Rosolli Salad recipe can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Can I make the dressing ahead of time for the traditional Rosolli Salad recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just be sure to whisk it again before pouring over the salad.
Can I use canned Rosollis for the traditional Rosolli Salad recipe?
Answer: While fresh Rosollis are preferred, you can use canned Rosollis as a substitute if fresh Rosollis are not available. Just make sure to drain them well before using.
How can I avoid staining my hands while handling Rosollis for the traditional Rosolli Salad recipe?
Answer: Wear gloves while peeling and chopping the Rosollis to avoid staining your hands.
Can I make the traditional Rosolli Salad recipe vegan?
Answer: The traditional Rosolli Salad recipe contains feta cheese which is not vegan. However, you can substitute the feta cheese with vegan cheese to make it vegan-friendly.
After trying the traditional Finland Rosolli recipe, I can truly say that it’s a fantastic addition to my collection of dishes. As a food lover, I’m always on the lookout for new recipes, and this one has become a favorite of mine. The combination of flavors and textures is so enjoyable, and I’m excited to share it with others.
Cooking the Finnish Rosolli at home allowed me to explore a new cuisine, and it was such a rewarding experience. This dish is perfect for those who want to try something new and healthy, without spending too much time in the kitchen. I found the recipe easy to follow, and the result was a delicious salad that everyone loved.
Not only is the Finnish Rosolli a visually appealing dish, but it’s also full of nutrients. I felt great knowing that I was serving a meal that was both tasty and good for my family. I can see this salad becoming a regular part of our meal rotation because it’s an easy way to incorporate more veggies into our diet.
In conclusion, the Finnish Rosolli recipe is a delightful dish that I’m so glad I discovered on my trip. I encourage anyone who loves trying new recipes to give it a go. The beautiful colors, delicious flavors, and healthy ingredients make it a winner in my book. I look forward to making it again and again, and I’m sure you will too!
Finnish Rosolli Recipe
- Large pot for boiling Rosollis
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- 4 medium-sized Rosollis boiled, peeled, and chopped into small cubes
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Boil the Rosollis until they are tender. Then, peel and chop them into small cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped Rosollis, finely chopped red onion, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the Rosolli mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.