Last updated on October 1st, 2023 at 05:12 am
I found a Belizean Fudge Recipe that has become a favorite in my household. This recipe is easy to follow and requires simple ingredients that are readily available in most grocery stores.
Want more ideas to round-out your Haitian Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
To make this delicious fudge, you will need the following ingredients: condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and pecans. The first step is to combine the condensed milk and brown sugar in a saucepan and stir the mixture over medium heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Then, add the butter and continue stirring until the butter has melted and the mixture has thickened.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
Next, remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pecans. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and let it cool for at least two hours before slicing it into bite-sized pieces. The end result is a smooth and creamy fudge that is bursting with rich, caramel-like flavors and a satisfying crunch from the pecans.
One of the things I love about this Belize Fudge Recipe is that it is not only delicious but also relatively healthy. Unlike traditional fudge recipes that are loaded with sugar and unhealthy fats, this recipe uses condensed milk as a natural sweetener and a source of calcium and vitamin D. Additionally, the pecans in this recipe provide healthy fats, protein, and fiber that can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is perfect for special occasions or as a thoughtful gift for friends and family. The rich flavors and beautiful presentation make it a great addition to any dessert table or holiday spread.
Overall, I highly recommend this Belizean Fudge Recipe to anyone who is looking for a delicious and healthy treat that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed! Remember to make reference that the recipe is in the recipe card below.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Belizean Fudge Recipe
1. Unbeatable Rich Flavor: One of the main reasons why people love the Belize Fudge Recipe is because of its rich and luxurious flavor. The combination of condensed milk, brown sugar, and butter creates a caramel-like sweetness that is perfectly balanced with the nutty crunch of pecans. The addition of vanilla extract rounds out the flavor profile and gives the fudge a warm and comforting aroma. Each bite is a decadent treat that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
2. Easy-to-Follow Recipe: Another reason why people love the Belizean Fudge Recipe is that it is easy to follow and requires only a handful of ingredients. With just a few simple steps, anyone can make this delicious fudge recipe in the comfort of their own kitchen. The recipe is also highly adaptable, allowing for substitutions and variations depending on personal preferences.
3. Healthy Nutritional Benefits: While fudge is often thought of as a guilty pleasure, the Belizean Fudge Recipe offers some nutritional benefits as well. The use of condensed milk as a sweetener provides a natural source of calcium and vitamin D, while the pecans in the recipe provide healthy fats, protein, and fiber that can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health. This means that while you indulge in this delicious treat, you are also nourishing your body with beneficial nutrients.
How To Make Our Belize Fudge Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. In a saucepan, combine the condensed milk and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Add the butter and continue stirring until the mixture has thickened and the butter has melted.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pecans.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it evenly. Allow it to cool for at least 2 hours.
6. Once cooled, cut the fudge into small bite-sized pieces.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information For the Belizean Fudge Recipe
Saturated Fat: 12g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Belize Fudge Recipe
8-inch square baking dish
Knife for cutting the fudge
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Belizean Fudge Recipe
The best way to store leftover Belizean Fudge is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will keep the fudge fresh and prevent it from drying out. If stored properly, the fudge can last for up to two weeks.
Substitutions For the Belize Fudge Recipe
Instead of pecans, you can use walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts.
For a different flavor, you can add a teaspoon of cinnamon or a pinch of nutmeg to the mixture.
If you don’t have condensed milk, you can use evaporated milk and sugar as a substitute.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Fudge Recipe
To make a vegetarian version of this recipe, you can replace the unsalted butter with vegan butter or coconut oil. Additionally, you can use a plant-based condensed milk instead of regular condensed milk.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Be sure to stir the mixture constantly to prevent it from burning or sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
Use a candy thermometer to ensure that the mixture reaches the right temperature (around 240°F) for the perfect consistency.
If the mixture becomes too thick, add a splash of milk or cream to thin it out.
Let the fudge cool completely before cutting it into pieces to prevent it from crumbling.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Belizean Fudge Recipe
Fresh fruit, such as berries or sliced apples
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
Coffee or tea
How To Serve the Belize Fudge Recipe
Once the fudge has cooled and been cut into pieces, you can serve it immediately or store it in an airtight container for later. The fudge can be served on its own as a sweet treat, or paired with fresh fruit, ice cream, or whipped cream for a more indulgent dessert. Enjoy!
FAQ About the Belizean Fudge Recipe
What is Belize Fudge Recipe?
Belizean Fudge Recipe is a rich and decadent dessert made with condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and pecans. The ingredients are cooked together and poured into a baking dish to cool and set before being cut into bite-sized pieces.
Is Belizean Fudge Recipe easy to make?
Yes, Belize Fudge Recipe is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and basic cooking equipment. The recipe is easy to follow and does not require any special skills or techniques.
Can I make substitutions to the ingredients in the Belizean Fudge Recipe?
Yes, you can make substitutions to the ingredients in the Belize Fudge Recipe to suit your personal taste preferences or dietary needs. For example, you can use different types of nuts, add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, or use a plant-based condensed milk for a vegan version.
How do I store leftovers of the Belize Fudge Recipe?
The best way to store leftovers of the Belizean Fudge Recipe is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will keep the fudge fresh and prevent it from drying out. If stored properly, the fudge can last for up to two weeks.
Are there any nutritional benefits to the Belize Fudge Recipe?
While Belizean Fudge Recipe is a sweet and indulgent dessert, it does contain some nutritional benefits. For example, the use of condensed milk provides a natural source of calcium and vitamin D, while the pecans in the recipe provide healthy fats, protein, and fiber that can help to lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health. However, the fudge is still high in sugar and calories, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
After trying out the Belize Fudge Recipe, I must say that I was thoroughly impressed with the results. The fudge had a rich and creamy texture with a perfect balance of sweetness and nuttiness. The recipe was easy to follow and required minimal effort, making it an ideal dessert for any occasion.
I loved how adaptable the recipe was, allowing me to make adjustments to suit my personal taste preferences. For instance, I used a combination of pecans and walnuts for an extra nutty flavor. I also added a pinch of sea salt to the mixture, which helped to bring out the flavors and create a more complex taste profile.
What I appreciated most about the Belizean Fudge Recipe was how well it kept. I stored it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and was able to enjoy it for several days after making it. The fudge didn’t lose its texture or flavor, which made it a perfect make-ahead dessert for parties or events.
The Belize Fudge Recipe is a crowd-pleasing dessert that is easy to make, delicious, and highly adaptable. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Belizean Fudge Recipe
- Medium-sized saucepan
- wooden spoon
- 8-inch square baking dish
- Knife for cutting the fudge
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine the condensed milk and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the butter and continue stirring until the mixture has thickened and the butter has melted.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it evenly. Allow it to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Once cooled, cut the fudge into small bite-sized pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!