Last updated on September 25th, 2023 at 01:09 am
5 Top Arlington Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants
These five top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants provide a diverse range of culinary experiences, each with its own unique charm and flavors. Luigi’s Pasta House tantalizes taste buds with homemade pasta dishes, while Pho 75 offers a comforting taste of Vietnam with its authentic pho. El Rincon Criollo captures the vibrant essence of Cuban cuisine, and Pupatella brings the flavors of Naples to Arlington with its Neapolitan-style pizzas. Lastly, Bob and Edith’s Diner satisfies cravings for classic American comfort food.
However, this list is just the beginning of the Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants. The city boasts a vibrant and thriving food scene, with numerous other hidden gems waiting to be discovered. This is why these are some of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants that are waiting for you to discover them. This list is in no particular order.
A lot of great options are in these posts!
Top 5 Barbecue Restaurants in Arlington
3 Top Comfort-Food Restaurants in Arlington
1) Luigi’s Pasta House
Luigi’s Pasta House is one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants located in the heart of the city. This charming eatery is family-owned and operated, adding a personal touch to the dining experience. As soon as you step through the door, you’re greeted with the comforting aromas of traditional Italian cuisine and the warm hospitality of the Luigi family.
Luigi’s Pasta House is renowned for its mouthwatering homemade pasta dishes. Their pasta is made fresh daily using traditional techniques, resulting in a delightful texture and authentic taste. Whether it’s al dente spaghetti, pillowy gnocchi, or silky fettuccine, each pasta dish is a testament to the Luigi family’s dedication to culinary excellence.
Main Menu Items:
1. “Lasagna Bolognese”: Layers of homemade pasta sheets generously filled with a flavorful blend of ground beef, ricotta cheese, and a rich Bolognese sauce. Topped with melted mozzarella and baked to perfection, this classic Italian dish is a must-try for lasagna lovers. The combination of tender pasta, savory meat sauce, and creamy cheese creates a harmonious medley of flavors.
2. “Chicken Parmigiana”: Tender chicken breast coated in a crispy breadcrumb crust and smothered in Luigi’s special marinara sauce, topped with melted mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Served with a side of spaghetti, this dish is a crowd-pleaser. The succulent chicken, combined with the tangy tomato sauce and gooey cheese, makes every bite a delightful experience.
3. “Seafood Linguine”: A seafood lover’s dream, this dish features linguine pasta tossed with an abundance of fresh clams, mussels, shrimp, and calamari in a fragrant garlic white wine sauce. The delicate flavors of the seafood shine through, complemented by the al dente pasta and the subtle notes of garlic and wine. It’s a dish that captures the essence of the sea in every forkful.
“Luigi’s Pasta House is a hidden gem in Arlington! The ambiance is cozy, and the food is absolutely delicious. I tried their lasagna, and it was the best I’ve ever had. The layers of pasta, meat sauce, and cheese melded together beautifully. It’s a must-visit for any Italian food enthusiast.”
“I stumbled upon Luigi’s Pasta House during a visit to Arlington, and I’m so glad I did. The chicken Parmigiana was outstanding, with the chicken being incredibly tender and the sauce bursting with flavor. The portion size was generous, and the service was excellent. I can’t wait to go back!”
“If you’re craving seafood, Luigi’s Pasta House is the place to be. The seafood linguine is divine! The pasta was perfectly cooked, and the seafood was fresh and flavorful. The sauce was light yet packed with taste. It’s a true seafood lover’s paradise.”
Luigi’s Pasta House is undeniably one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, offering a genuine taste of Italy in a family-friendly setting. The dedication of the Luigi family to their craft is evident in every dish, particularly their homemade pasta. They are one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
From the classic lasagna to the comforting chicken Parmigiana and the delightful seafood linguine, Luigi’s Pasta House never fails to impress. For an authentic Italian dining experience in Arlington, this restaurant is a must-visit for both locals and visitors alike. They are one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
2) Pho 75
Pho 75 is one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants nestled in a vibrant neighborhood of the city. This unassuming eatery holds the secret to authentic Vietnamese cuisine, serving up steaming bowls of pho that have garnered a loyal following over the years. As a family-owned and operated establishment, Pho 75 exudes a welcoming atmosphere that makes diners feel right at home.
Pho 75 is renowned for its delectable pho, a traditional Vietnamese soup consisting of flavorful broth, rice noodles, and an array of fresh ingredients. The broth is simmered for hours, resulting in a fragrant and robust base that forms the backbone of each bowl. Tender slices of beef or chicken, accompanied by fresh herbs, bean sprouts, and lime wedges, create a harmonious blend of textures and flavors that has made Pho 75 a go-to destination for pho enthusiasts.
Main Menu Items:
1. “Pho Tai”: Thinly sliced rare beef is added to a steaming bowl of aromatic broth, gently cooking in the heat. The beef remains tender and retains its natural flavor, providing a satisfying meaty element to the dish. Served with a side plate of fresh herbs, bean sprouts, and lime wedges, this classic pho variation is a delightful combination of simplicity and taste.
2. “Pho Ga”: This chicken pho features tender pieces of poached chicken in a fragrant and comforting broth. The chicken is succulent and pairs beautifully with the light, flavorful broth. Fresh herbs, bean sprouts, and jalapeños are provided on the side, allowing diners to customize their bowl to their liking. It’s a perfect option for those seeking a lighter alternative to the traditional beef pho.
3. “Vegetarian Pho”: Pho 75 caters to vegetarians with a delightful vegetarian pho option. The broth is carefully prepared using vegetable stock, creating a rich and flavorful base. The bowl is filled with an assortment of fresh vegetables, tofu, and rice noodles, offering a satisfying and nourishing dining experience for those with vegetarian preferences.
“Pho 75 is my go-to place for a comforting and authentic bowl of pho. The broth is simply outstanding, full of depth and richness. Their Pho Tai is my favorite, with the tender slices of rare beef perfectly complementing the flavorful broth. The service is prompt and friendly, and the restaurant’s cozy atmosphere adds to the overall experience.”
“I can’t say enough good things about Pho 75. Their Pho Ga is exceptional, with tender chicken and a broth that is bursting with flavor. The noodles are cooked to perfection, and the fresh herbs and sprouts add a wonderful freshness to each bite. This hole-in-the-wall gem never disappoints.”
“Being a vegetarian, I’m thrilled to have discovered Pho 75’s Vegetarian Pho. The broth is rich and satisfying, and the abundance of fresh vegetables and tofu make every spoonful a delight. The staff is incredibly accommodating and attentive, ensuring that my dietary preferences are met. Highly recommended!”
Pho 75 stands as one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, offering an authentic Vietnamese dining experience in the heart of the city. As a family-owned and operated establishment, this unpretentious eatery has gained a loyal following for its mouthwatering bowls of pho. They are one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
Whether you opt for the classic Pho Tai, the comforting Pho Ga, or the nourishing Vegetarian Pho, Pho 75 never fails to deliver a taste sensation. For an unforgettable pho experience in Arlington, this hidden gem is a must-visit for food lovers seeking genuine Vietnamese cuisine. They stand out among the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
3) El Rincon Criollo
El Rincon Criollo is one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, specializing in authentic Cuban cuisine. Located in a lively area of the city, this family-owned and operated establishment captures the essence of Cuban culture and flavors. As soon as you step inside, you are greeted with warm hospitality and a vibrant atmosphere that sets the stage for a delightful dining experience.
El Rincon Criollo is renowned for its flavorful and traditional Cuban dishes. One of their standout signature foods is the “Ropa Vieja.” This classic Cuban dish features tender, slow-cooked shredded beef simmered in a savory tomato-based sauce, seasoned with garlic, onions, and bell peppers. The meat is so tender it practically melts in your mouth, and the rich flavors and spices create a satisfying and authentic taste of Cuba.
Main Menu Items:
1. “Lechon Asado”: This dish showcases the succulent flavors of Cuban roasted pork. Tender and juicy, the pork is marinated with traditional spices, such as garlic and citrus juices, and slow-roasted to perfection. Served with sides of black beans, white rice, and plantains, this dish offers a symphony of flavors that will transport you straight to Havana.
2. “Picadillo”: A hearty and flavorful ground beef dish, seasoned with a blend of spices including cumin, oregano, and garlic. The meat is sautéed with onions, peppers, olives, and raisins, creating a unique combination of savory and sweet flavors. Served with fluffy white rice and sweet plantains, this dish is a favorite among regulars for its comforting and authentic taste.
3. “Cuban Sandwich”: A staple of Cuban cuisine, this iconic sandwich features layers of roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard, pressed between crusty Cuban bread. The result is a harmonious blend of textures and flavors, with the bread toasted to perfection and the fillings combining to create a satisfying and indulgent treat.
“El Rincon Criollo is a hidden gem in Arlington! The Ropa Vieja is a must-try, with the tender shredded beef and the flavorful tomato sauce. It’s like a taste of Cuba in every bite. The atmosphere is cozy, and the service is excellent. I can’t recommend this place enough.”
“I’m always craving the Lechon Asado from El Rincon Criollo. The pork is so juicy and flavorful, and it pairs perfectly with the sides of rice and beans. The staff is friendly and welcoming, making you feel like part of the family. This hole-in-the-wall restaurant is a true gem for Cuban cuisine lovers.”
“The Cuban Sandwich at El Rincon Criollo is simply outstanding. The bread is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, while the fillings create a delicious medley of flavors. The combination of roasted pork, ham, cheese, pickles, and mustard is absolutely mouthwatering. I keep coming back for more!”
El Rincon Criollo stands as one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, bringing the vibrant flavors of Cuba to the city. As a family-owned and operated establishment, it exudes a warm and welcoming atmosphere. They are another of the great Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
The signature dishes, such as the Ropa Vieja, Lechon Asado, and Cuban Sandwich, showcase the rich and authentic flavors of Cuban cuisine. For an unforgettable culinary journey through Cuba right in Arlington, El Rincon Criollo is a must-visit destination for food enthusiasts seeking a taste of the Caribbean. They deserve to be ranked high among the great Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
Pupatella is one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, specializing in authentic Neapolitan pizza. Located in a bustling area of the city, this family-owned and operated establishment brings the flavors of Naples to Arlington. The cozy and unpretentious atmosphere adds to the charm, making Pupatella a popular spot for pizza lovers in the community.
Pupatella is renowned for its mouthwatering Neapolitan-style pizza, cooked in a wood-fired oven to perfection. The dough is made using traditional methods, resulting in a light and airy crust with a satisfying chew. Topped with the finest quality ingredients, including imported Italian tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fragrant basil, each pizza is a delicious tribute to the flavors of Naples.
Main Menu Items:
1. “Margherita Pizza”: The classic Margherita pizza is a staple at Pupatella. Topped with San Marzano tomato sauce, creamy buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil, this pizza is a celebration of simplicity and quality ingredients. The combination of flavors is harmonious, with the sweetness of the tomatoes, the creaminess of the cheese, and the freshness of the basil coming together in each delightful bite.
2. “Diavola Pizza”: For those who enjoy a bit of spice, the Diavola pizza is a fiery delight. Featuring San Marzano tomato sauce, spicy salami, mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of chili flakes, this pizza packs a punch. The heat from the salami and chili flakes is balanced by the richness of the cheese and the tanginess of the tomato sauce, creating a bold and satisfying flavor profile.
3. “Quattro Formaggi Pizza”: Cheese lovers rejoice with the Quattro Formaggi pizza. This indulgent creation showcases a blend of four cheeses: mozzarella, gorgonzola, fontina, and pecorino romano. The combination of creamy, tangy, and nutty flavors creates a cheesy paradise on a thin and crisp crust. Each bite is a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving more.
“Pupatella is hands down the best Neapolitan pizza in Arlington. The Margherita pizza is a masterpiece, with the perfect balance of flavors and the light, chewy crust. Every ingredient tastes fresh and high-quality. This place is a hidden gem.”
“I keep coming back to Pupatella for their Diavola pizza. The spicy salami adds just the right amount of kick, and the crust is perfectly charred and crispy. The quality and authenticity of the pizza are unmatched. It’s a must-visit for any pizza lover.”
“The Quattro Formaggi pizza at Pupatella is a cheese lover’s dream come true. Each cheese brings its own unique flavor, and they blend together beautifully. The crust is thin and light, allowing the flavors of the cheeses to shine. This place never disappoints.”
Pupatella is undeniably one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, offering a taste of Naples in the heart of the city. As a family-owned and operated establishment, it exudes a warm and inviting ambiance. The signature Neapolitan-style pizzas, such as the Margherita, Diavola, and Quattro Formaggi, showcase the artistry and dedication to quality ingredients. They are one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
For pizza enthusiasts seeking an authentic and memorable dining experience, Pupatella is a must-visit destination that will satisfy cravings for exceptional Neapolitan pizza. They have earned the rank of being one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
5) Bob and Edith’s Diner
Bob and Edith’s Diner is one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, serving up classic American diner fare. Located in a bustling area of the city, this family-owned and operated establishment has been a popular dining destination for locals and visitors alike. The nostalgic atmosphere and friendly service add to the charm, making Bob and Edith’s Diner a go-to spot for comfort food in Arlington.
Bob and Edith’s Diner is known for its hearty and satisfying breakfast dishes. Their signature food item is the “All-American Breakfast,” which features two eggs cooked to order, crispy bacon or sausage links, golden hash browns, and toast or pancakes. This iconic breakfast plate captures the essence of a traditional American diner experience, offering a delicious start to the day.
Main Menu Items:
1. “B&E Burger”: The B&E Burger is a classic staple at Bob and Edith’s Diner. This juicy burger is topped with melted American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles, all nestled between a soft bun. Served with a side of golden French fries, this burger is a satisfying choice for burger enthusiasts looking for a classic, no-frills option.
2. “Country Fried Steak”: For a hearty and indulgent meal, the Country Fried Steak is a popular choice. Tender steak is breaded and fried to perfection, then smothered in a rich and savory country-style gravy. Served with creamy mashed potatoes and vegetables, this dish is the ultimate comfort food that will warm both your heart and your stomach.
3. “Homemade Meatloaf”: Bob and Edith’s Diner excels at homestyle favorites, and their Homemade Meatloaf is no exception. This generous slice of meatloaf is made with a flavorful blend of ground beef, breadcrumbs, onions, and spices. It is then topped with a savory tomato glaze and served with a choice of sides, such as mashed potatoes and green beans. This comforting dish brings a taste of home to the diner experience.
“Bob and Edith’s Diner is a true gem. The All-American Breakfast is my go-to, and it never disappoints. The eggs are always cooked to perfection, the bacon is crispy, and the hash browns are golden and flavorful. The staff is friendly, and the diner atmosphere takes you back in time. Highly recommended for a classic breakfast experience.”
“The B&E Burger at Bob and Edith’s Diner is a favorite of mine. It’s simple, yet delicious. The patty is juicy and flavorful, and the toppings are fresh and complement the burger perfectly. The fries are always crispy, too. It’s a fantastic spot for a classic burger and fries combo.”
“The Country Fried Steak at Bob and Edith’s Diner is a true indulgence. The steak is tender and crispy, and the country-style gravy is rich and savory. Paired with fluffy mashed potatoes, it’s the ultimate comfort food that never disappoints. The portions are generous, and the service is friendly and attentive.”
Bob and Edith’s Diner stands as one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants, offering a nostalgic and comforting dining experience. As a family-owned and operated establishment, it exudes a warm and friendly atmosphere. They are one of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
From their signature All-American Breakfast to classic dishes like the B&E Burger, Country Fried Steak, and Homemade Meatloaf, Bob and Edith’s Diner captures the essence of American diner cuisine. For those seeking a taste of nostalgia and hearty comfort food, this hidden gem in Arlington is a must-visit. They can definitely be counted among the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
Now you know why these are some of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants just waiting for you to discover them. However, it’s important to let you know that this is not an exhaustive list of the top Arlington hole-in-the-wall restaurants and that this list is in no particular order.
From ethnic cuisine to unique fusion concepts and inventive comfort food, there are plenty more hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Arlington for adventurous food enthusiasts to explore. So venture beyond these five recommendations, and you’re sure to uncover even more culinary delights tucked away in the heart of Arlington.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape