3 Tallahassee Hot Hole-in-the-Wall Joints
We’ll take you on a flavorful journey through three exceptional Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints that have earned their rightful place in the hearts of locals and visitors alike. Tallahassee, Florida, is not just the capital of the Sunshine State; it’s also a hidden culinary gem, boasting an array of tantalizing dining experiences that go beyond the ordinary.
These unassuming Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints offer a taste of authentic Southern hospitality and cuisine, each with its unique flair and flavors. From rustic farm-to-table creations to succulent Gulf Coast seafood and spicy Cajun delights, Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints have something to satisfy every palate.
However, it’s important to note that these three Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the culinary delights waiting to be explored in Tallahassee. The city is brimming with hidden culinary gems, each with its own story to tell and culinary secrets to share. So, while we delve into the delectable world of these Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints, remember that there’s a treasure trove of gastronomic experiences waiting to be discovered throughout this vibrant city. Join us on this gastronomic adventure as we dive into the heart of Tallahassee’s culinary scene, and prepare to be tempted by the many more Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints that await your eager taste buds.
A lot of hot options are in these posts!
3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Tallahassee Joints
1) Backwoods Crossing
Address >> 6725 Mahan Dr
Nestled in the heart of Tallahassee, Backwoods Crossing is one of the city’s best-kept culinary secrets, making it a shining star among the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints. This charming establishment boasts a unique blend of Southern comfort food and farm-to-table freshness that sets it apart from the rest. Backwoods Crossing is more than just a restaurant; it’s an experience.
This hidden gem is family-owned and operated, adding a warm and welcoming touch to the dining experience. The restaurant offers a variety of dining options to cater to everyone’s preferences, including Dine-in, Takeaway, and No-contact delivery. So whether you’re craving a cozy meal in their rustic dining room or prefer the convenience of enjoying their dishes at home, Backwoods Crossing has you covered.
One of the undeniable highlights of Backwoods Crossing is their unforgettable signature dish – the “Farmhouse Chicken.” This mouthwatering creation features a perfectly cooked chicken breast, smothered in a rich and savory mushroom cream sauce, and served atop a bed of locally sourced collard greens. The result is a delectable fusion of Southern tradition and culinary artistry that keeps patrons coming back for more. It’s the kind of dish that warms your heart and satisfies your soul, a true embodiment of Southern comfort food at its finest.
3 Main Claims to Fame:
1. Gulf Coast Shrimp and Grits: Backwoods Crossing takes the classic Southern dish of shrimp and grits to a whole new level. Succulent Gulf Coast shrimp are sautéed to perfection and served on a bed of creamy stone-ground grits, accented with a flavorful Tasso ham gravy. The combination of fresh seafood and the comforting creaminess of the grits is a match made in culinary heaven, and it’s a must-try for seafood lovers.
2. Farmers’ Market Burger: For those seeking a hearty, satisfying burger, the Farmers’ Market Burger won’t disappoint. This juicy masterpiece features a locally sourced beef patty topped with crispy bacon, a farm-fresh fried egg, and a generous helping of pimento cheese. Served on a toasted brioche bun and accompanied by hand-cut sweet potato fries, this burger is a delightful blend of flavors and textures that will leave your taste buds dancing.
3. Garden Fresh Salad: Backwoods Crossing doesn’t just excel at hearty, indulgent dishes; they also offer a range of fresh and healthy options. Their Garden Fresh Salad is a prime example. Featuring a colorful mix of seasonal vegetables, crispy greens, and house-made vinaigrette dressing, it’s a refreshing and satisfying choice for those looking for a lighter meal without compromising on flavor.
Backwoods Crossing is a shining star among the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints, offering a unique blend of Southern comfort food and farm-fresh ingredients. As a family-owned and operated establishment, it exudes warmth and hospitality, making every visit a memorable experience. They are one of the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints.
With a diverse menu that caters to a wide range of tastes and dining preferences, Backwoods Crossing truly stands out in the Tallahassee culinary scene. Don’t miss the chance to savor their signature Farmhouse Chicken and explore their delightful menu offerings – it’s a dining experience you won’t soon forget. They rank high among the popular Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints for good reasons.
2) Shell Oyster Bar
Address >> 14 Famu Wy
Tallahassee is no stranger to hidden culinary gems, and Shell Oyster Bar is undoubtedly one of the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints. Tucked away from the bustling streets, this unassuming seafood haven has earned a reputation for serving some of the freshest oysters and seafood in town. Shell Oyster Bar is a testament to the charm of hole-in-the-wall joints, offering an authentic experience that keeps locals and visitors alike coming back for more.
Shell Oyster Bar is a family-owned and operated establishment, and you can feel the warmth and personal touch in every aspect of your dining experience. Whether you’re in the mood for a leisurely dine-in meal, a quick takeaway, or the convenience of no-contact delivery, Shell Oyster Bar has you covered.
The undisputed star of Shell Oyster Bar’s menu is their renowned “Oyster Sampler Platter.” This delectable dish showcases the freshest Gulf Coast oysters prepared in three distinct ways: Rockefeller, Bienville, and Charbroiled. The Rockefeller oysters are smothered in a rich and creamy spinach sauce, while the Bienville oysters are topped with a savory mushroom and shrimp sauce. The charbroiled oysters, on the other hand, feature a tantalizing blend of garlic, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Each bite is a burst of flavor that perfectly captures the essence of Gulf Coast cuisine, making it a must-try for any seafood enthusiast.
3 Main Claims to Fame:
1. Seafood Gumbo: Shell Oyster Bar’s Seafood Gumbo is a hearty bowl of comfort. Filled with succulent shrimp, tender crab meat, and smoky andouille sausage, this dish boasts a rich and flavorful roux-based broth that’s packed with the essence of the Gulf. Served over a bed of rice, it’s a taste of Southern tradition that warms the soul.
2. Fried Shrimp Po’ Boy: If you’re craving a taste of the South’s most popular sandwich, the Fried Shrimp Po’ Boy won’t disappoint. Plump and crispy fried shrimp are piled high on a fresh French roll, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and a zesty remoulade sauce. It’s a handheld delight that perfectly balances textures and flavors.
3. Grilled Red Snapper: For those seeking a healthier seafood option, the Grilled Red Snapper is a standout choice. The tender and flaky red snapper fillet is expertly grilled and served with a side of garlic butter sauce. Accompanied by steamed vegetables and seasoned rice, it’s a dish that showcases the simplicity of fresh ingredients prepared to perfection.
Shell Oyster Bar is an authentic hidden gem among Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints, celebrated for its fresh seafood and Southern hospitality. As a family-owned and operated establishment, it offers a personal touch that enhances the overall dining experience. They are truly one of the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints.
Whether you’re indulging in their iconic Oyster Sampler Platter or exploring their diverse menu, you’ll find that Shell Oyster Bar is a true seafood lover’s paradise. With options for dine-in, takeaway, and no-contact delivery, this popular establishment is a must-visit for anyone seeking a taste of the Gulf Coast’s finest flavors. They are absolutely one of the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints.
3) Coosh’s Bayou Rouge Restaurant
Address >> 6267 Old Water Oak Rd #101
In the realm of Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints, Coosh’s Bayou Rouge Restaurant stands out as a true culinary treasure. Nestled away from the city’s bustling streets, this unassuming gem has earned a reputation for its mouthwatering Cajun and Creole flavors. Coosh’s Bayou Rouge embodies the essence of a hole-in-the-wall joint, offering an intimate and authentic dining experience that keeps locals and visitors returning for more.
Coosh’s Bayou Rouge is a proudly family-owned and operated establishment, infusing a sense of warmth and hospitality into every aspect of your visit. Whether you prefer to savor your meal in the cozy dine-in area, enjoy a quick takeaway, or opt for the convenience of no-contact delivery, Coosh’s Bayou Rouge has your dining needs covered.
The crowning jewel of Coosh’s Bayou Rouge’s menu is undoubtedly their “Cajun Shrimp and Grits.” This dish is a symphony of flavors, featuring succulent Gulf Coast shrimp sautéed to perfection and served atop a bed of creamy stone-ground grits. The whole ensemble is smothered in a rich and flavorful Cajun cream sauce, offering a tantalizing blend of spice and creaminess that dances on the taste buds. It’s a dish that captures the essence of Louisiana cuisine and is a must-try for anyone looking to explore the Bayou’s culinary delights.
3 Main Claims to Fame:
1. Crawfish Étouffée: Coosh’s Bayou Rouge brings the flavors of the Gulf South to Tallahassee with their Crawfish Étouffée. Plump crawfish tails are simmered in a savory roux-based sauce, seasoned to perfection with Creole spices. Served over a generous portion of fluffy white rice, this dish delivers a comforting and hearty taste of Louisiana.
2. Jambalaya: For those seeking an explosion of flavors in every bite, the Jambalaya is an excellent choice. This classic Louisiana dish combines andouille sausage, tender chicken, and Gulf shrimp with a medley of vegetables, all simmered together in a well-seasoned tomato-based sauce. It’s a harmonious blend of ingredients that exemplifies the bold and robust flavors of Cajun cuisine.
3. Po’ Boy Sandwich: Coosh’s Bayou Rouge offers a variety of Po’ Boy sandwiches, showcasing a choice of fillings such as crispy shrimp, tender roast beef, or flavorful catfish. Each sandwich is served on fresh French bread, dressed with lettuce, tomatoes, and a special house-made remoulade sauce. These Po’ Boys are the epitome of comfort food, combining satisfying textures and bold flavors in every bite.
Coosh’s Bayou Rouge Restaurant shines brightly among the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints, celebrated for its authentic Cajun and Creole dishes. As a family-owned and operated establishment, it exudes a genuine sense of Southern hospitality. They are another one of the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints.
Whether you’re indulging in their signature Cajun Shrimp and Grits or exploring their diverse menu, you’ll find that Coosh’s Bayou Rouge is a haven for lovers of Louisiana cuisine. With options for dine-in, takeaway, and no-contact delivery, this hidden gem is a must-visit for those seeking a taste of the Bayou’s finest flavors. They deserve to be ranked high among the best Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints.
Tallahassee, Florida, boasts a vibrant culinary scene that goes beyond the ordinary, and the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints are a testament to that. We’ve taken a delightful journey through three exceptional establishments: Backwoods Crossing, Shell Oyster Bar, and Coosh’s Bayou Rouge Restaurant. These Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints have each carved out their unique niche, offering a range of flavors and experiences that reflect the diverse tastes of this remarkable city.
However, it’s important to remember that these three are just a glimpse into the culinary treasures waiting to be uncovered in Tallahassee. The city is brimming with more hidden gems, each with its own distinctive charm and gastronomic delights. From cozy family-owned eateries to unassuming seafood shacks and Cajun havens, Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints are scattered throughout the city, ready to be discovered by adventurous diners.
So, while we’ve explored some of the finest Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints in this article, remember that there’s still so much more to savor in this city’s culinary landscape. Whether you’re a local looking for your next food adventure or a visitor eager to taste the authentic flavors of Tallahassee, be sure to keep your appetite and curiosity alive, for there are many more tantalizing experiences awaiting your discovery in the world of the Tallahassee hot hole-in-the-wall joints. Happy exploring and bon appétit!
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape