3 Best Hole-in-the-Wall Joints in Pittsburg
Welcome to the world of delicious discoveries as we uncover the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh. In the heart of this vibrant city, hidden away from the bustling streets, lie some of the most popular and mouthwatering eateries you can find. We’ve explored three of these best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg: The Eagle, Double Wide Grill, and Soju.
These best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg have earned their reputation as local favorites, offering a diverse range of culinary experiences. From the crispy fried chicken at The Eagle to the mouthwatering BBQ ribs at Double Wide Grill and the flavorful Korean cuisine at Soju, each place has its own unique charm and signature dishes that are sure to leave your taste buds craving for more.
But wait, there’s more! This vibrant city is home to a large amount of these great hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg, and we’re just scratching the surface. These three joints are just the beginning of your gastronomic journey in the Steel City. There are plenty more best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh waiting for you to explore, each with its own delectable offerings and welcoming atmospheres. So, get ready to embark on a food adventure and discover the hidden gems that make Pittsburgh a true food lover’s paradise.
A lot of great options are in these posts!
5 Great Hole-in-the-Wall Joints in Pittsburgh
1) Double Wide Grill
Address >> 2339 E Carson St
Double Wide Grill is one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh, and for good reason. This cozy restaurant is a hidden gem known for its delicious food and friendly atmosphere. What sets it apart is that it’s not just any regular restaurant; it’s a family-owned and operated place, making it feel like you’re dining at home. They offer a large amount of services, including dine-in, takeaway, and even no-contact delivery.
Double Wide Grill is the perfect place to go when you want a taste of Pittsburgh’s local flavor. The restaurant specializes in American cuisine with a twist. It’s famous for its mouthwatering barbecue dishes and hearty comfort food. The unique combination of flavors and the down-to-earth vibe make it a favorite among locals and visitors alike.
When you visit Double Wide Grill, you absolutely have to try their famous “BBQ Ribs Platter.” These succulent ribs are cooked to perfection and smothered in the restaurant’s secret barbecue sauce. They’re so tender that the meat practically falls off the bone. The dish comes with a side of crispy fries and coleslaw, making it a hearty and satisfying meal that will leave you craving for more.
3 Main Claims to Fame:
1. Pulled Pork Sandwich: If you’re a fan of pulled pork, Double Wide Grill’s Pulled Pork Sandwich is a must-try. Slow-cooked to perfection, the tender pulled pork is generously piled onto a soft bun and topped with their signature barbecue sauce. It’s served with a side of pickles and coleslaw, creating a delightful combination of flavors and textures that will tantalize your taste buds.
2. Mac ‘n’ Cheese: Double Wide Grill takes classic comfort food to the next level with their Mac ‘n’ Cheese. It’s creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-indulgent. The elbow macaroni is smothered in a rich cheese sauce and baked to a golden perfection. It’s a popular side dish that pairs perfectly with any of their main courses or can be enjoyed on its own.
3. Veggie Burger: For those looking for a meatless option, the Veggie Burger at Double Wide Grill is a popular choice. This plant-based patty is packed with flavor and topped with fresh lettuce, tomato, and your choice of toppings. It’s served on a soft bun and comes with a side of crispy fries. Even non-vegetarians can’t resist its delicious taste.
Double Wide Grill is undeniably one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh. With its family-owned charm and a wide range of services, including dine-in, takeaway, and no-contact delivery, it caters to every dining preference. They are considered one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg.
Their signature BBQ Ribs Platter is a standout dish, and the Pulled Pork Sandwich, Mac ‘n’ Cheese, and Veggie Burger are all winners in their own right. So, if you’re in the mood for authentic Pittsburgh flavors served in a cozy and welcoming atmosphere, make sure to pay a visit to Double Wide Grill – you won’t be disappointed! They deserve to be ranked among the leading hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg.
2) The Eagle
Address >> 737 Penn Ave Space 2
The Eagle is undeniably one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh. Nestled in the heart of the city, this hidden gem has earned its reputation for serving up some of the tastiest comfort food around. It’s a popular spot for both locals and visitors, and it’s easy to see why. The Eagle is not just a restaurant; it’s an experience. This cozy eatery is known for its warm and welcoming atmosphere, making you feel like you’re right at home. And yes, it’s family-owned and operated, adding to its charm. They offer a large amount of services, including dine-in, takeaway, and even no-contact delivery, so you can enjoy their delicious food however you prefer.
When you visit The Eagle, you absolutely must try their “Fried Chicken.” It’s the stuff of legends. This dish features crispy, golden-brown chicken that’s been fried to perfection. The secret behind its amazing flavor is a special spice blend that adds a hint of heat and a burst of flavor with every bite. The chicken is so juicy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, making it an instant favorite.
3 Main Claims to Fame:
1. Hot Chicken Sandwich: If you’re a fan of spicy food, The Eagle’s Hot Chicken Sandwich is a real treat. It’s made with the same incredible fried chicken, but it’s kicked up a notch with a fiery hot sauce. The heat is balanced by a cool and creamy slaw, all sandwiched between a soft bun. It’s a flavor explosion that will awaken your taste buds.
2. Macaroni and Cheese: The Eagle doesn’t just do chicken; they also excel at classic comfort food like Macaroni and Cheese. Their version is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-satisfying. The elbow macaroni is coated in a rich cheese sauce that’s baked until it’s bubbling and golden. It’s the perfect side dish to complement any meal.
3. Collard Greens: For those looking for a dose of Southern goodness, the Collard Greens at The Eagle are a must-try. Cooked to perfection, these greens are tender and flavorful, with just the right amount of smokiness. They make for a delicious and healthy side dish that’s a favorite among regulars.
The Eagle stands out as one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh, and for good reason. It’s a family-owned and operated establishment that offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Whether you choose to dine in, get takeaway, or have your meal delivered with no-contact service, you’re in for a treat. They are one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg.
The Fried Chicken is a true masterpiece, and the Hot Chicken Sandwich, Macaroni and Cheese, and Collard Greens are all mouthwatering options. So, if you’re on the hunt for exceptional comfort food in a cozy setting, look no further than The Eagle. It’s a hidden treasure that’s well worth a visit. They rank high among the popular hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg for good reasons.
Address >> 4923 Penn Ave
Soju is undoubtedly one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh, and it’s easy to see why. Tucked away in the heart of the city, Soju is a hidden gem known for its incredible Korean cuisine. This cozy restaurant is a popular spot for both locals and visitors alike, and it’s not hard to understand its popularity. Soju isn’t just any restaurant; it’s a family-owned and operated establishment, which adds to its charm. They offer a large amount of services, including dine-in, takeaway, and even no-contact delivery, ensuring that you can enjoy their delicious food in your preferred way.
When you dine at Soju, you simply can’t miss their “Bibimbap.” It’s a true masterpiece of Korean cuisine. This dish features a bed of warm rice topped with a colorful array of sautéed vegetables, tender slices of marinated beef or tofu for the vegetarians, and a fried egg. It’s all drizzled with a spicy chili paste that adds a burst of flavor. You’re encouraged to mix it all together before taking a bite, creating a harmonious blend of textures and tastes that will leave your taste buds dancing.
3 Main Claims to Fame:
1. Kimchi Pancake: The Kimchi Pancake at Soju is a delightful appetizer or side dish. It’s made with kimchi, the spicy and tangy fermented cabbage that’s a staple in Korean cuisine. The kimchi is mixed into a savory pancake batter and pan-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. It’s served with a dipping sauce that enhances its flavors, making it a popular choice among diners.
2. Bulgogi: For those who love tender and flavorful meat, the Bulgogi at Soju is a must-try. Thinly sliced beef is marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, then grilled to perfection. The result is tender and juicy slices of beef that are bursting with flavor. It’s typically served with steamed rice and a side of vegetables, making it a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
3. Tofu Kimchi Soup: If you’re in the mood for something comforting and spicy, the Tofu Kimchi Soup is a great choice. This hearty soup is made with a flavorful broth, tofu, and kimchi. It’s a bit spicy, a bit sour, and a whole lot delicious. It’s the perfect option for warming up on a chilly day or satisfying your craving for bold Korean flavors.
Soju stands out as one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh, and for good reason. It’s a family-owned and operated restaurant that offers a warm and inviting atmosphere. Whether you prefer to dine in, get takeaway, or have your meal delivered with no-contact service, Soju has you covered. They are absolutely one of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg.
The Bibimbap is a standout dish, and the Kimchi Pancake, Bulgogi, and Tofu Kimchi Soup are all mouthwatering options. So, if you’re searching for authentic Korean cuisine in a cozy setting, make sure to pay a visit to Soju. It’s a hidden treasure that’s worth discovering. They definitely stand out among the top hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg.
We’ve explored three of the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh, and it’s clear that these hidden gems offer some of the tastiest and most unique dining experiences in the city. The Eagle, Double Wide Grill, and Soju have all earned their place as popular hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg for locals and visitors alike.
These restaurants, each with its distinct charm and delicious signature dishes, showcase the diverse culinary landscape of Pittsburgh. Whether you’re in the mood for mouthwatering fried chicken, succulent BBQ ribs, or flavorful Korean cuisine, these best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg have you covered.
However, it’s important to note that these three hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburg are just the tip of the iceberg. Pittsburgh, PA, is home to a large amount of incredible hole-in-the-wall joints waiting to be discovered. Each one has its own unique menu, atmosphere, and local flavor to offer. So, don’t stop here – venture out and explore the city to find your own favorite best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh.
From cozy diners serving up classic comfort food to hidden gems specializing in international cuisine, these best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh has something to satisfy every palate. So, keep your eyes open, ask the locals for recommendations, and be prepared for delightful surprises as you embark on your journey to uncover the best hole-in-the-wall joints in Pittsburgh.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape