Last updated on October 13th, 2023 at 01:14 am
Moroccan Tagine with Fish and Rice Recipe
- large tagine or heavy-bottomed pot with lid
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- 2 lbs of white fish fillets (cod or halibut)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp cooked white rice
- Heat the olive oil in a large tagine or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon to the pot and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the fish fillets to the pot, spooning the sauce over the top to cover.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and let the fish cook for about 10-15 minutes or until it is fully cooked and flaky.
- Add the green olives to the pot and let cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve the tagine over a bed of cooked white rice.
Tips and TricksCut the onions and garlic ahead of time to save on prep time. Use a pre-made spice mix instead of measuring out individual spices. Cook the rice ahead of time and keep it warm in a covered pot until ready to serve.
You May Want to Join Our Boondocking Group on Facebook For More Information
You May Want to Join Our Campfire Recipes Group on Facebook For More Information
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape