Last updated on November 5th, 2023 at 06:12 am
Try out my Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe if you’re looking for a new dish to add to your recipe collection, I highly recommend . It’s a flavorful and impressive dish that’s sure to impress your dinner guests. I recently made it myself and was thrilled with the results it’s definitely a recipe worth trying! This recipe features a tantalizing combination of North African spices that infuse the juicy shrimp with a distinctive and delectable flavor.
Want more ideas to round-out your Morrocan Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
This Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is perfect for those who want to whip up a delicious dish without having to make a trip to the grocery store. With just a few basic ingredients that are likely already in your kitchen, you can create a mouth-watering meal in no time. The preparation process is straightforward and easy to follow, making it a great option for both novice and experienced cooks alike. This Moroccan-inspired dish is a perfect blend of spices and flavors that will transport you to the streets of Marrakech. The combination of paprika, cumin, and coriander creates a unique aroma and taste that will tantalize your taste buds. The addition of juicy tomatoes and bell peppers provides a perfect balance of tanginess and sweetness, making this dish a true delight for your senses.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
This recipe is a great choice for those looking for a healthy meal option. Packed with fresh vegetables and lean protein, the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is a nutritious and delicious choice for any occasion. Shrimp are a fantastic ingredient to incorporate into your meals as they are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential fatty acids are known for their ability to promote heart health and reduce inflammation in the body. So, if you’re looking for a delicious way to boost your omega-3 intake, consider adding some shrimps to your next recipe!
This Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is a fantastic option for those seeking a fast, simple, yet nutritious and delicious dish. Seafood enthusiasts who relish the amalgamation of unique tastes and nourishing components simply cannot miss out on this recipe.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
There are several reasons why people love the Braised Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe. Here are three main reasons:
1. Unique and Exotic Flavors: This Braised Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is a must-try for seafood lovers who crave a unique and exotic flavor. The dish is infused with a blend of North African spices, including paprika, cumin, and coriander, which give it a distinct aroma and flavor that sets it apart from other seafood dishes.
2. Health Benefits: This recipe is loaded with nutritious benefits that will nourish your body and keep you feeling great. Shrimp is a fantastic seafood option that is both low in fat and high in protein. Not only that, but it’s packed with essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids that are great for maintaining a healthy heart. This Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is packed with nutritious vegetables such as juicy tomatoes and vibrant bell peppers, which are loaded with essential vitamins and antioxidants.
3. Easy and Quick to Make: Are you looking for a quick, healthy, and flavorful meal for those busy weeknights? Look no further than this recipe! It’s the perfect solution for when you need to whip up something delicious in a hurry. This Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is perfect for busy home cooks as the ingredients are commonly found in most kitchens and the preparation is quick and easy.
How To Make Our Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooked couscous, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin, paprika, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the olives and raisins and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir until coated in the sauce.
7. Cook the shrimp for 5-7 minutes, or until they are pink and cooked through.
8. Stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Serve the Moroccan shrimp skillet over cooked couscous.
Nutritional Information For the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Saturated Fat: 1g
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
Pots, Pan and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Measuring cups and spoons
Wooden spoon or spatula
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, transfer the shrimp skillet to a microwave-safe dish and heat on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, reheat the skillet over medium-low heat on the stovetop, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Substitutions For the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Chicken broth can be substituted with vegetable broth or water.
Green olives can be substituted with Kalamata olives.
Golden raisins can be substituted with regular raisins or dried apricots.
Shrimp can be substituted with diced chicken breast or chickpeas for a vegetarian version.
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Replace the shrimp with chickpeas or extra-firm tofu.
Use vegetable broth or water instead of chicken broth.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
To save time, peel and devein the shrimp ahead of time.
Use a food processor to finely chop the onion and garlic.
Prepare the spices and measure out the remaining ingredients before starting to cook.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Roasted vegetables, such as zucchini or eggplant
How To Serve the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
Serve the shrimp skillet over a bed of cooked couscous. Garnish with additional chopped parsley, if desired. Serve with a side of crusty bread or a green salad, if desired.
FAQ About the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet Recipe
What is the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe?
The Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that combines shrimp with a blend of spices, vegetables, and herbs. It typically includes ingredients such as shrimp, garlic, onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, and a mix of Moroccan spices such as cumin, paprika, and turmeric. The dish is often served over rice or with crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
How do I make the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe?
To make the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe, start by sautéing garlic and onion in a large skillet until softened. Add in diced bell peppers and cook until they begin to soften. Next, add in diced tomatoes and Moroccan spices, and stir to combine. Finally, add in the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through. Serve over rice or with crusty bread.
What are some variations of the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe?
Some variations of the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe include adding in additional vegetables such as zucchini or eggplant, using different types of seafood such as scallops or mussels, or swapping out the Moroccan spice blend for a different spice blend such as Cajun or Creole.
Is the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe spicy?
The level of spiciness in the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe can be adjusted to taste by adding more or less of the Moroccan spice blend. Typically, the dish has a mild to moderate level of spiciness, but this can be increased or decreased based on personal preference.
Can the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe be made ahead of time?
While the Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is best served fresh, it can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Simply reheat in a skillet over low heat until warmed through before serving.
If you’re a seafood lover looking to explore the exotic flavors of North Africa, then my Braised Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is the perfect choice for you. It’s a healthy and easy-to-make dish that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds. This Moroccan-inspired shrimp recipe is a must-try for seafood lovers. The succulent shrimp is cooked to perfection with a blend of aromatic spices that create a unique and irresistible flavor. Trust us, you won’t be able to resist this dish! Adding olives to this dish is a fantastic way to introduce a tangy and salty flavor that perfectly complements the other ingredients.
This Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe has gained immense popularity among food enthusiasts for its distinct and exotic blend of flavors, as well as its numerous health benefits. What’s more, it’s incredibly easy to prepare, making it a go-to option for busy individuals who want a quick and healthy meal. This recipe features a carefully crafted blend of spices that will tantalize your senses with its unique aroma and flavor. Get ready to be delighted by the delicious taste that this dish has to offer! This recipe is not only delicious but also incredibly nutritious, thanks to the combination of succulent shrimp and fresh vegetables.
This Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is a breeze to whip up and calls for just a handful of pantry staples that you likely already have on hand. This recipe is a great option for anyone, whether you’re a busy professional or just starting out in the kitchen. This Braised Moroccan Shrimp Skillet recipe is a must-try for those who are looking to add some excitement to their cooking. The flavors are new and exciting, making it a great dish to explore.
Moroccan Shrimp Skillet
- Large Skillet
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked couscous for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the olives and raisins and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir until coated in the sauce.
- Cook the shrimp for 5-7 minutes, or until they are pink and cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the Moroccan shrimp skillet over cooked couscous.
Tips and TricksTo save time, peel and devein the shrimp ahead of time. Use a food processor to finely chop the onion and garlic. Prepare the spices and measure out the remaining ingredients before starting to cook.