The Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines various ingredients to create a satisfying meal. This casserole typically consists of ground beef, baked beans, and a cheesy biscuit topping. It’s known for its simplicity and delicious taste.
Historically, casseroles have been a staple in American cuisine, particularly during the mid-20th century. They were convenient for families, as they allowed the use of leftover ingredients, making them an economical choice during times of scarcity. The Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe likely evolved from this tradition, blending readily available ingredients into a comforting and filling meal.
Want more ideas for Your Beef and Biscuit Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
You May Want to Join The OBE Recipe Group World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise your family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily
Overall, the Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe is a classic comfort food that combines history and nutrition into a satisfying meal option.
How To Make Our Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
12 ounces (340g) dried elbow macaroni (about 6 cups dry pasta)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I like 80:20)
2 tsps oregano
1 tsp sea salt, plus more as needed for salting the pasta water
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsps butter
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup tomato puree
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
1. Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. A big pot of salted water (1 tablespoon salt for every 2 quarts of water) should be brought to a boil.
3. Add the dry pasta and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring periodically, until al dente.
4. Use a colander to separate the liquid and set it aside.
5. Start the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat while the pasta cooks.
6. Spice it up with some ground cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the meat and remove any pinkness by tossing occasionally for about 5 minutes.
7. Using a wooden spoon, the author of Simply Recipes / Dude that Cookz stirs ground beef as it cooks in a Dutch oven to make homemade Hamburger Helper Casserole.
8. To the ground beef in the skillet, add the butter, onion, garlic, and tomato puree. Combine everything by stirring it together thoroughly.
9. Toss the cooked pasta into the beef sauce and mix well. Put in the chicken stock, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Put everything in a bowl and mix it up.
Pots, Pans and Cooking Equipment Needed for The Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
Large baking dish
Skillet or frying pan
Can opener (if using canned beans)
Cooking utensils (spatula, wooden spoon)
Oven for baking
Top Ways to Make A Better Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
Brown the ground beef evenly for better flavor.
Drain excess fat from the cooked beef to reduce the overall fat content.
Mix the ingredients thoroughly in the mixing bowl for even distribution.
Use a well-greased baking dish to prevent sticking.
Preheat the oven to the specified temperature for even cooking.
Allow the casserole to rest for a few minutes after baking to set.
Adjust seasoning to taste before baking.
Best Way to Store Leftovers From The Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
a. Store leftovers in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
b. Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of cooking.
c. Label the container with the date to track freshness.
d. Consume leftovers within 3-4 days for the best quality.
e. Reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave until thoroughly heated.
f. Discard any leftovers that show signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or mold.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
Use pre-cooked canned baked beans for convenience.
Prepare the biscuit topping while the beef is cooking for time efficiency.
Customize the casserole with additional ingredients like diced onions or bell peppers.
Garnish with fresh herbs or grated cheese for added flavor.
Experiment with different types of cheese for varied taste.
Double the recipe for larger gatherings or leftovers.
Serve with a side salad for a balanced meal.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the The Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
a. Garden salad with vinaigrette dressing.
b. Steamed broccoli florets.
c. Garlic mashed potatoes.
d. Coleslaw with a creamy dressing.
e. Sautéed green beans with almonds.
f. Corn on the cob with butter.
g. Grilled asparagus spears.
How To Serve the Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
a. Cut the casserole into squares or portions in the baking dish.
b. Use a spatula to carefully lift out each serving.
c. Place the servings on individual plates.
d. Garnish with optional toppings like sour cream or salsa.
e. Serve hot and enjoy!
“We are a couple who has visited and sampled food in every country in the world. We strive to get a local recipe for every dish we place on our blog. Some we have cooked in our kitchen, but most we enjoyed in the restaurants and streets of the world. Our thoughts and opinions are based on the food we loved the most, and you may find them and others you will fall in love with as well. Please enjoy the recipe and comment below.”
The Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe is a comforting dish that combines ground beef, baked beans, and cheesy biscuits. This casserole has its roots in mid-20th-century American home cooking, offering a convenient and hearty meal option for families. While it provides a good source of protein from the beef and beans, it’s essential to exercise moderation due to its potential for higher calorie and fat content.
This versatile recipe can be customized with various seasonings and additional ingredients like diced vegetables to suit your preferences. Typically, it’s served hot from the oven, and garnishing with fresh herbs can elevate its presentation.
Please enjoy this flavorful casserole and feel free to comment below with your thoughts and experiences.
Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe
- Large baking dish
- Skillet or frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Can opener (if using canned beans)
- Cooking utensils (spatula, wooden spoon)
- Oven for baking
- 12 ounces macaroni elbow
- 1 1/2 pounds beef I like 80:20 ground
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt plus more as needed for salting the pasta water
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsps butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbspon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups cream heavy
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- 2 cups cheese divided shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 cups cheddar cheese divided shredded
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- A big pot of salted water (1 tablespoon salt for every 2 quarts of water) should be brought to a boil.
- Add the dry pasta and simmer for 9 to 11 minutes, stirring periodically, until al dente.
- Use a colander to separate the liquid and set it aside.
- Start the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat while the pasta cooks.
- Spice it up with some ground cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the meat and remove any pinkness by tossing occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, the author of Simply Recipes / Dude that Cookz stirs ground beef as it cooks in a Dutch oven to make homemade Hamburger Helper Casserole.
- To the ground beef in the skillet, add the butter, onion, garlic, and tomato puree. Combine everything by stirring it together thoroughly.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the beef sauce and mix well. Put in the chicken stock, parsley, basil, 1 1/2 cups of the Monterey Jack cheese, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Put everything in a bowl and mix it up.