5 Best Augusta Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants
We’ve had the pleasure of exploring five of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants, each with its unique charm and delectable offerings. Augusta, Georgia, offers a culinary experience like no other, with its hidden treasures known as hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
From the cozy and inviting ambiance of Emashiya Korean BBQ to the mouthwatering Loaded Nachos at Nacho Mama’s, these family-owned and operated establishments have left an indelible mark on Augusta’s dining scene. Whether you’re craving Southern comfort food at Jackie M’s & Son or seeking the flavors of authentic Mexican cuisine at Nacho Mama’s, these restaurants have something to satisfy every palate.
The tender Southern Fried Chicken at The Hideout and the delightful Pastrami Reuben Sandwich at Knuckle Sandwiches showcase the culinary diversity that thrives in Augusta’s hidden gems. Each of these establishments has earned its place as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
However, it’s important to note that these five best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants are just the beginning of Augusta’s gastronomic journey. The city is teeming with countless more hole-in-the-wall gems, each waiting to be discovered and savored. Augusta’s culinary landscape is a tapestry of flavors and cultures, and there are plenty more hidden treasures to explore. This is why these are some of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants that are waiting for you to discover them. This list is in no particular order.
A lot of great options are in these posts!
5 Augusta Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants
1) The Hideout
Address: 3014 Washington Rd.
The Hideout, one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants, is a charming gem tucked away in the heart of Augusta, Georgia. This family-owned and operated establishment exudes an inviting and cozy atmosphere. As soon as you step inside, you’ll be greeted with warm smiles and a sense of belonging. The Hideout is the embodiment of southern hospitality and culinary delight, making it a popular spot for both locals and visitors.
The Hideout’s signature dish is the mouthwatering “Southern Fried Chicken and Waffles.” This iconic Southern comfort food pairs perfectly crispy fried chicken with fluffy waffles drizzled in rich maple syrup. The combination of savory and sweet flavors is simply irresistible, and it’s no wonder this dish has earned its place as the restaurant’s standout specialty.
Main Menu Items:
1. Shrimp and Grits: The Hideout’s take on this classic Southern dish is a true crowd-pleaser. Succulent, plump shrimp are served atop a bed of creamy, cheesy grits and garnished with a savory gravy. It’s a harmonious blend of flavors that captures the essence of Southern cuisine.
2. Pimento Cheeseburger: This burger is a testament to the restaurant’s creativity. A juicy, perfectly grilled patty is topped with homemade pimento cheese, giving it a unique and delightful twist. Served with crispy fries, this burger is a must-try for those seeking a deliciously inventive meal.
3. Fried Catfish Platter: For those craving seafood, The Hideout offers a generous serving of golden-brown, crispy fried catfish fillets. Served with hushpuppies and coleslaw, this dish embodies the soul of Southern coastal cuisine, making it a favorite among patrons.
“The Hideout is a true gem in Augusta! I couldn’t get enough of their Shrimp and Grits. The shrimp were perfectly cooked, and the grits were so creamy. The atmosphere is cozy, and the staff is incredibly friendly.”
“I’m a burger aficionado, and The Hideout’s Pimento Cheeseburger blew me away. The combination of flavors was unlike anything I’ve tried before. I’ll definitely be back for more.”
“The Fried Catfish Platter at The Hideout is a delightful treat. The catfish was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The hushpuppies were the perfect sidekick. This place is a hidden treasure in Augusta!”
The Hideout truly lives up to its reputation as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. With its warm and welcoming ambiance, family-owned charm, and a menu boasting Southern classics like Shrimp and Grits, Pimento Cheeseburger, and Fried Catfish, it’s a must-visit for anyone looking to savor authentic Southern flavors in a cozy setting.
They are one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Whether you’re a local or just passing through Augusta, The Hideout is a culinary experience you won’t want to miss. They rank high among the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants for good reasons.
2) Jackie M’s & Son
Address: 3308 Milledgeville Rd.
Nestled in the heart of Augusta, Georgia, Jackie M’s & Son is undeniably one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. This cozy eatery is a true testament to the charm of family-owned and operated establishments. As soon as you step inside, you’ll feel like you’re entering the welcoming home of a popular relative. The restaurant exudes a warm and inviting ambiance that sets the stage for a delightful dining experience.
Jackie M’s & Son takes pride in serving up their delectable “Southern Fried Chicken.” This signature dish embodies the essence of Southern comfort food. Each piece of chicken is perfectly seasoned and fried to a crispy golden brown, delivering a satisfying crunch with every bite. The succulent meat within remains tender and flavorful, making it a must-try for anyone looking to savor the true taste of the South.
Main Menu Items:
1. Shrimp and Grits: A Southern classic done to perfection, Jackie M’s & Son’s Shrimp and Grits is a delightful combination of plump, perfectly cooked shrimp nestled atop a bed of creamy, cheesy grits. The dish is elevated with a flavorful sauce that ties the elements together harmoniously.
2. Fried Catfish Platter: For seafood lovers, the Fried Catfish Platter is a standout choice. Crispy catfish fillets are served with a side of hushpuppies and coleslaw, offering a satisfying taste of the South’s coastal cuisine.
3. Pork BBQ Sandwich: This sandwich is a favorite among regulars. Tender pulled pork, slow-cooked to perfection, is piled high on a soft bun and smothered in Jackie M’s & Son’s signature barbecue sauce. It’s a savory and hearty option for those seeking a satisfying meal.
“Jackie M’s & Son is a true hidden gem in Augusta. The Southern Fried Chicken is a must-try – crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The family atmosphere and friendly service make it feel like you’re dining with loved ones.”
“Their Shrimp and Grits are the best I’ve ever had. The flavors are incredible, and it’s a generous portion. This place is a taste of Southern hospitality at its finest.”
“I’m a fan of barbecue, and their Pork BBQ Sandwich hit the spot. The meat was so tender and flavorful, and the barbecue sauce had just the right amount of tanginess. I’ll definitely be back for more.”
Jackie M’s & Son unquestionably deserves its reputation as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. As a family-owned establishment, it radiates warmth and hospitality. Their signature Southern Fried Chicken and a menu featuring Southern classics like Shrimp and Grits, Fried Catfish, and Pork BBQ Sandwich make it a popular spot for those seeking authentic Southern flavors.
They are absolutely one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. For a taste of true Southern comfort food and a welcoming dining experience, Jackie M’s & Son is a must-visit in Augusta, Georgia. They stand out among the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
3) Knuckle Sandwiches
Address: 1149 Broad St.
Knuckle Sandwiches stands proudly as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. This unassuming yet delightful eatery is a testament to the charm of family-owned and operated establishments. Nestled in the heart of Augusta, Georgia, Knuckle Sandwiches exudes a cozy and welcoming atmosphere that immediately makes you feel like part of the family.
Knuckle Sandwiches is renowned for its mouthwatering “Pastrami Reuben Sandwich.” This signature dish combines thinly sliced pastrami, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing, all sandwiched between slices of freshly baked rye bread. The result is a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that has locals and visitors alike coming back for more.
Main Menu Items:
1. Southern BBQ Pulled Pork: Knuckle Sandwiches offers a taste of Southern barbecue at its finest with their Pulled Pork Sandwich. Tender, slow-cooked pulled pork is smothered in a rich and smoky barbecue sauce, topped with coleslaw, and served on a soft bun. It’s a hearty and satisfying choice that embodies the flavors of the South.
2. Turkey Avocado Wrap: For those seeking a lighter option, the Turkey Avocado Wrap is a refreshing choice. Sliced turkey, ripe avocado, crisp lettuce, and zesty mayo are rolled up in a tortilla for a flavorful and wholesome meal.
3. Loaded Veggie Panini: Vegetarians will delight in the Loaded Veggie Panini. Packed with a medley of fresh vegetables, including bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and spinach, this grilled panini is elevated with melted provolone cheese and a delectable basil pesto spread.
“Knuckle Sandwiches is a hidden gem! The Pastrami Reuben Sandwich is out of this world – the pastrami is so tender, and the flavors are perfectly balanced. It’s a cozy spot with friendly staff, making it one of my best Augusta dining picks.”
“Their Southern BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich is a must-try for barbecue lovers. The meat is incredibly flavorful, and the coleslaw adds a nice crunch. It’s a taste of Southern comfort that I keep coming back for.”
“I appreciate the variety at Knuckle Sandwiches. Their Turkey Avocado Wrap was exactly what I needed for a light and delicious lunch. The service is always friendly, and the atmosphere is welcoming.”
Knuckle Sandwiches has rightfully earned its place as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. As a family-owned establishment, it exudes a warm and inviting ambiance that complements its menu of delicious offerings. With a signature Pastrami Reuben Sandwich and a diverse range of menu items, including Southern BBQ Pulled Pork, Turkey Avocado Wrap, and Loaded Veggie Panini, Knuckle Sandwiches caters to a variety of tastes.
They are another of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Whether you’re a local looking for a quick bite or a visitor seeking a memorable meal, Knuckle Sandwiches delivers on both flavor and hospitality. They deserve to be ranked high among the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
4) Emashiya Korean BBQ
Address: 4001 Columbia Rd.
Emashiya Korean BBQ truly shines as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. This hidden gem, located in the heart of Augusta, Georgia, is a family-owned and operated establishment that offers a unique and authentic Korean dining experience. The restaurant’s unassuming exterior hides a world of delightful flavors and welcoming hospitality.
Emashiya Korean BBQ is renowned for its “Bulgogi,” a classic Korean dish that features thinly sliced marinated beef. The Bulgogi at Emashiya is a masterpiece of tender, flavorful meat, expertly marinated in a savory blend of soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and other seasonings. It’s a sizzling and aromatic delight that captures the essence of Korean cuisine.
Main Menu Items:
1. Dolsot Bibimbap: Emashiya’s Dolsot Bibimbap is a true Korean classic. Served in a sizzling hot stone bowl, this dish features a colorful medley of vegetables, marinated beef, and a sunny-side-up egg on a bed of steamed rice. It’s topped with spicy gochujang sauce and mixed to perfection, creating a symphony of flavors and textures.
2. Kimchi Jjigae: For those craving a taste of Korean comfort food, Kimchi Jjigae is a hearty and satisfying choice. This spicy stew is brimming with kimchi, tofu, pork, and vegetables, all simmered together to create a rich and flavorful broth. It’s served piping hot and is a favorite among regulars.
3. Korean BBQ Grill: Emashiya offers the quintessential Korean BBQ experience. You can choose from a variety of meats, such as pork belly, beef brisket, and chicken, and grill them at your table. It’s an interactive dining experience where you can savor the flavors of perfectly grilled meat along with an array of Korean side dishes.
“Emashiya Korean BBQ is a hidden treasure in Augusta. Their Bulgogi is simply amazing – the beef is tender, and the marinade is packed with flavor. The Dolsot Bibimbap is also a must-try for its delightful mix of textures and tastes.”
“I love their Kimchi Jjigae! It’s the perfect comfort food, especially on a chilly day. The restaurant’s cozy atmosphere and friendly staff make every visit memorable.”
“The Korean BBQ Grill experience at Emashiya is fantastic. It’s a fun and delicious way to enjoy a meal with friends. The quality of the meat is top-notch, and the variety of dipping sauces and side dishes is impressive.”
Emashiya Korean BBQ has rightfully earned its reputation as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. As a family-owned establishment, it combines authentic Korean flavors with a warm and inviting atmosphere. From their signature Bulgogi to classic dishes like Dolsot Bibimbap and Kimchi Jjigae, Emashiya offers a diverse and flavorful menu. The interactive Korean BBQ Grill experience adds an extra layer of excitement to your visit.
They are obviously one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Whether you’re a fan of Korean cuisine or looking to explore new flavors, Emashiya Korean BBQ is a must-visit destination in Augusta, Georgia, for an unforgettable dining experience. They have earned the rank of being one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
5) Nacho Mama’s
Address: 976 Broad St.
Nacho Mama’s proudly stands as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Located in the heart of Augusta, Georgia, this family-owned and operated establishment embodies the essence of a hidden culinary gem. The restaurant exudes a warm and inviting atmosphere that makes it a popular spot for both locals and visitors seeking a taste of authentic Mexican cuisine.
Nacho Mama’s claim to fame is its mouthwatering “Loaded Nachos.” These signature nachos are a true masterpiece of flavor and indulgence. Crispy tortilla chips are generously topped with seasoned ground beef, melted cheese, jalapeños, sour cream, guacamole, and fresh salsa. Each bite is a delightful explosion of textures and tastes that leaves diners craving more.
Main Menu Items:
1. Chimichanga: Nacho Mama’s Chimichanga is a popular favorite among patrons. A large flour tortilla is filled with your choice of protein (chicken, beef, or pork), along with beans, cheese, and rice. It’s then deep-fried to golden perfection and served with a drizzle of tangy enchilada sauce, sour cream, and guacamole.
2. Taco Salad: For those seeking a lighter option, the Taco Salad is a flavorful choice. A crispy tortilla bowl is filled with seasoned ground beef or chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole. It’s a fresh and satisfying dish that captures the essence of Mexican flavors.
3. Fajitas: Nacho Mama’s Fajitas are a crowd-pleaser. Sizzling strips of marinated chicken or beef are served on a hot skillet with sautéed onions and bell peppers. It’s accompanied by warm tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, and all the fixings, allowing diners to assemble their own customized fajitas.
“Nacho Mama’s is a hidden treasure in Augusta! The Loaded Nachos are the best I’ve ever had – every bite is a flavor explosion. The atmosphere is cozy and perfect for a family dinner.”
“I’m a fan of the Chimichanga at Nacho Mama’s. It’s so indulgent and delicious. The portion sizes here are generous, and the service is always friendly.”
“The Fajitas are a hit with my family. The sizzling platter is a real showstopper, and the flavors are outstanding. Nacho Mama’s is undoubtedly one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants!”
Nacho Mama’s lives up to its reputation as one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. With its welcoming family-owned atmosphere and a menu featuring signature dishes like Loaded Nachos, Chimichangas, Taco Salads, and sizzling Fajitas, it’s a destination for Mexican cuisine enthusiasts and anyone in search of delicious comfort food.
They are considered one of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants. Whether you’re looking for a hearty meal or a cozy dining experience, Nacho Mama’s is the place to be in Augusta, Georgia, delivering authentic Mexican flavors with a warm embrace. They deserve to be ranked among the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
Now you know why these are some of the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants just waiting to be discovered. However, it’s important to let you know that this is not an exhaustive list of the best Augusta best hole-in-the-wall restaurants and that this list is in no particular order.
So, as you embark on your culinary adventures in Augusta, don’t forget to venture off the beaten path and seek out these hidden culinary gems. Whether you’re a local looking for a new favorite spot or a visitor eager to experience Augusta’s unique dining scene, you’ll find that the best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants offer a truly unforgettable taste of the South.
In Augusta, Georgia, the term “hole-in-the-wall restaurants” takes on a whole new meaning, where the unassuming exteriors hide culinary treasures waiting to be discovered. So, embrace the journey, savor the flavors, and explore the many more best Augusta hole-in-the-wall restaurants that await your taste buds.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape