Last updated on October 18th, 2023 at 07:42 am
The Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe is a colorful and flavorful dish that shows how well lemon and cracked pepper go together. This dish is great for a light weeknight dinner or a casual get-together with friends because it has juicy chicken thighs and a simple sauce that packs a lot of flavor. Follow this step-by-step guide to make a tasty, easy-to-make meal that will make your mouth water.
Want more ideas to round-out your Dutch Oven Chicken Thighs Recipe Box?
A lot of great options are in these posts!
Start the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe by preheating your oven to the right temperature to make sure the slow-cooking process goes smoothly. Using paper towels to dry your chicken thighs will help you get a crispy, golden-brown crust when you sear them. Salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and lemon zest should be used in large amounts to season the chicken thighs. Put a little oil or butter in your Dutch oven to keep it from sticking. Put the Dutch oven on the stove over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, carefully put the chicken thighs in with the skin-side down. Sear the thighs until the skin turns a nice golden brown. This seals in the juices and makes the flavor stronger. The chicken thighs should be evenly browned on both sides, so turn them over and remove them from the Dutch oven.
Turn the heat down to medium and cook your choice of aromatic vegetables in the same Dutch oven (such as onions or garlic). Cook them until they soften and start to smell good. This will set the stage for a zesty, flavorful dish. Add a lot of freshly cracked black pepper to boost the lemon-pepper flavor even more. Place the chicken thighs that have been seared back into the Dutch oven, nestling them in between the fragrant vegetables. Pour the right amount of liquid over the chicken thighs, such as chicken broth. This will make the slow cooking environment moist and flavorful, and it will also be the base for your tangy sauce.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape
Cover the Dutch oven with its lid and put it in an oven that has already been turned on. Cook the chicken thighs for the recommended amount of time to let the flavors blend and the meat soften and become juicy. After taking the Dutch oven out of the oven, move the chicken thighs to a serving platter and cover them with foil to keep them warm. Mix lemon juice and more lemon zest into the rest of the liquid and cooked aromatics in the Dutch oven. Do this over medium heat. Cook the sauce until it gets a little thicker, making sure the lemon flavor stands out and goes well with the pepper.
Pour the lemon-pepper sauce over the cooked chicken thighs and make sure each one is well covered. Add fresh parsley, lemon slices, or more cracked pepper to the dish to make it look and taste even better.
The Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe have a tangy, energizing flavor that is great to share with your loved ones.
The Complete Recipe with Ingredients and Step by Step Instructions is Listed Below
3 Reasons People Love the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
1. Flavorful Seasoning: The unique flavor of the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe comes from the lemon-pepper spice used in the Dutch Oven. Flavor-wise, you can’t go wrong with the combination of lemon’s sour and spicy notes and black pepper’s earthiness. The seasoning is adaptable and goes with many other sides.
2. Juicy and Tender: The chicken thighs in this dish are cooked in a Dutch oven, making them moist, tender, and bursting with flavor. The chicken thighs will cook uniformly and retain their moisture thanks to the Dutch oven’s high heat and steam. The resulting chicken is juicy, delicious, and almost slips off the bone.
3. Simplicity: This Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe is straightforward and requires few ingredients. To prepare the chicken thighs, just season them with lemon-pepper seasoning, sear them in a skillet, and finish cooking them in a Dutch oven. Because of this, the dish is ideal for weeknights when you don’t have much time to devote to cooking. The recipe’s low cost and ease of availability are further enhanced by the small number of components it calls for.
How To Make Our Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Ingredients (8 Servings)
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, sliced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Season the chicken thighs with lemon-pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
3. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
4. Add the chicken thighs to the Dutch Oven, skin side down, and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
5. Flip the chicken thighs and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the chicken thighs and pour in the chicken broth.
7. Cover the Dutch Oven with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
9. Remove the Dutch Oven from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information For the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Saturated Fat: 4g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
Pots, Pans, and Cooking Equipment Needed for the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Dutch oven with a lid
Measuring cups and spoons
Tongs or spatula
Best Way to Store Leftovers From the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
The best way to store leftover Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs is to let them cool down to room temperature and then transfer them to an airtight container or a zip-top plastic bag. Place them in the fridge and they should last for up to 4 days.
Substitutions For the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Chicken breasts can be used instead of chicken thighs if desired
Fresh lemon juice can be used instead of lemon zest
Garlic powder can be used instead of fresh garlic
Substitutions For the Vegetarian Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
This recipe is not suitable for vegetarians as it needs to contain chicken.
Tips and Tricks For Easier Creation
For extra crispy skin, place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes after it has finished cooking in the Dutch oven.
To save time, you can use pre-minced garlic instead of fresh garlic cloves.
Make sure the chicken is patted dry with paper towels before seasoning to ensure a crispy skin.
Side Dishes and Desserts For the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Roasted vegetables such as broccoli or carrots
Rice pilaf or mashed potatoes
Caesar salad or mixed greens with vinaigrette dressing
How To Serve the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
To serve the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs, simply remove them from the Dutch oven and arrange them on a platter or individual plates. Spoon any leftover lemon butter sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with additional chopped parsley or lemon zest for garnish. Serve with your choice of side dishes.
FAQs About the Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Can I use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for this Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs in this recipe. However, keep in mind that chicken breasts may cook faster than chicken thighs, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make this Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe in a slow cooker instead of a Dutch oven?
Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. However, the chicken skin may not be as crispy as it would be when cooked in a Dutch oven. To achieve a crispy skin, you can remove the chicken from the slow cooker and broil it in the oven for a few minutes.
Can I marinate the chicken overnight for extra flavor?
Yes, you can marinate the chicken overnight for extra flavor. Simply combine the lemon-pepper seasoning, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl, then add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, then proceed with the recipe as directed.
How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?
The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (74°C) when fully cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken thigh.
Can I make this Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later. Store the cooked chicken and rice in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When ready to serve, reheat the chicken and rice in the oven or microwave until heated through.
I’ve always enjoyed cooking with chicken and discovering different ways to prepare it. I found a game-changing recipe for Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe. I knew after the first time I made it that it would become a staple in my kitchen. The Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe ease of preparation caught my attention, but it was the combination of lemon and pepper that really won me over. The chicken thighs were tender and juicy, and the brown, crispy skin was the ideal finishing touch.
The adaptability of this Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe is another another reason why I like it. To make it my own, I may play around with the proportions of lemon, pepper, and other herbs and spices. The recipe’s flexibility means it may be served with a wide range of accompaniments, making it a great option for dinner preparation. Last but not least, a Dutch oven’s practicality is hard to exaggerate.
I like that I can get everything ready and put it in the oven to cook gently while I go about my day. And every time, we have a healthy, hearty supper that everyone enjoys. The Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken thighs recipe is a go-to of mine due to its ease of preparation, adaptability, and practicality. It’s a delicious and simple chicken dish that I’d suggest to anybody.
Dutch Oven Lemon-Pepper Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Dutch oven with a lid
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Tongs or spatula
- 8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken thighs with lemon-pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken thighs to the Dutch Oven, skin side down, and cook for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken thighs and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the chicken thighs and pour in the chicken broth.
- Cover the Dutch Oven with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the Dutch Oven from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips and TricksFor extra crispy skin, place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes after it has finished cooking in the Dutch oven. To save time, you can use pre-minced garlic instead of fresh garlic cloves. Make sure the chicken is patted dry with paper towels before seasoning to ensure a crispy skin.