Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 04:22 am
These 3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants in Charlotte is home to some truly outstanding hole-in-the-wall restaurants that are loved by locals and visitors alike. Let’s Meat Kbbq offers an authentic Korean barbecue experience, 300 East serves up delicious American comfort food with a twist, and Papa Doc’s Shore Club is a go-to spot for seafood lovers. Here is why they are the best restaurants in Charlotte for you to discover.
1. Let’s Meat Kbbq – Located in Charlotte’s University area, Let’s Meat Kbbq, included as one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte, is a top-rated Korean barbecue restaurant with a cozy and intimate atmosphere. Customers rave about the quality of the meat and the variety of options available, including beef, pork, and chicken. The restaurant also offers a selection of traditional Korean side dishes and sauces to enhance the flavor of the meats. The attentive and friendly staff are praised for their excellent service, making Let’s Meat Kbbq a must-try for fans of Korean cuisine.
2. 300 East – 300 East, another of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte, is a popular American bistro located in the heart of Charlotte’s Dilworth neighborhood. Customers love the cozy and inviting atmosphere, complete with a charming outdoor patio. The menu features a range of delicious options, including burgers, sandwiches, salads, and entrees. Many of the dishes incorporate locally-sourced ingredients and the restaurant also offers an extensive wine list. With consistently great food and excellent service, 300 East is a top pick for those looking for a casual dining experience in Charlotte.
3. Papa Doc’s Shore Club – Papa Doc’s Shore Club, one of the popular hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte, is a seafood restaurant located in the Plaza Midwood area of Charlotte. Customers rave about the fresh seafood and delicious cocktails, as well as the restaurant’s lively and fun atmosphere. The menu features a range of seafood options, including oysters, shrimp, crab, and fish tacos, and there are also non-seafood options available. The restaurant also features live music on select nights, making it a popular spot for a night out with friends. With excellent food and a fun atmosphere, Papa Doc’s Shore Club is a top choice for seafood lovers in Charlotte.
3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants in Charlotte
Let’s Meat Kbbq
Address: 440 E McCullough Dr Suite 220, Charlotte, NC 28262
Hours: Monday-Sunday, 11:30am-10:00pm
Phone Number: (980) 498-9399
Let’s Meat Kbbq, included as one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte, is a popular Korean barbecue restaurant located in the University area of Charlotte. The restaurant has a cozy and intimate atmosphere, with warm lighting, wooden tables, and a modern decor. Customers can either sit at the traditional Korean-style low tables or opt for regular tables and chairs.
The restaurant’s specialty is Korean barbecue, which involves grilling different cuts of meat at the table. The menu offers a variety of meats, including beef, pork, chicken, and seafood, which are all served raw and accompanied by a selection of traditional Korean side dishes such as kimchi, pickled vegetables, and steamed rice. Customers are given the option of cooking the meat themselves or having the server do it for them.
One of Let’s Meat Kbbq’s signature dishes is the Galbi, which consists of marinated beef short ribs grilled to perfection. The meat is tender and flavorful, with a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. Another popular dish is the Samgyupsal, which is thick-cut pork belly that is grilled until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
What makes Let’s Meat Kbbq unique is its high-quality meat selection and its commitment to providing an authentic Korean dining experience. The restaurant sources its meat from local farms and ensures that they are of the highest quality. The staff is also knowledgeable about the different cuts of meat and the cooking methods, which helps customers get the most out of their dining experience.
The restaurant’s service is excellent, with friendly and attentive staff who are happy to answer any questions and help customers with their orders. The servers are also knowledgeable about the different cuts of meat and are happy to make recommendations based on the customers’ preferences.
Main Menu Items:
1. Galbi – Marinated beef short ribs grilled to perfection. This signature dish is tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
2. Samgyupsal – Thick-cut pork belly that is grilled until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This is another popular dish at Let’s Meat Kbbq.
3. Dak-galbi – Spicy marinated chicken cooked with cabbage, sweet potato, and rice cakes. This dish is perfect for those who love a bit of heat and want to try something different.
4. Haemul-pajeon – A savory Korean-style pancake made with seafood and green onions. This dish is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a perfect balance of flavors.
5. Japchae – Glass noodles stir-fried with vegetables and beef. This dish is a must-try for noodle lovers and has a delicate balance of flavors and textures.
Note that these are just a few examples of the many delicious dishes available at Let’s Meat Kbbq. The menu also features a variety of other meats, seafood, and side dishes, as well as options for vegetarians.
“I came here with a group of friends and we had the best time. The meat was so delicious and cooked to perfection. I especially loved the Galbi, which was so tender and flavorful. The staff was also amazing and made us feel welcome. Highly recommend Let’s Meat Kbbq!”
“I’m a big fan of Korean barbecue and Let’s Meat Kbbq did not disappoint. The meat was so high-quality and the side dishes were delicious. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and the service was impeccable. Will definitely be coming back!”
“The food here is amazing! I had the Samgyupsal and it was so juicy and flavorful. The staff was also so friendly and helpful. I love how they let you cook the meat yourself, it makes the experience so much more fun. Highly recommend Let’s Meat Kbbq!”
In summary, Let’s Meat Kbbq is a must-try Korean barbecue restaurant in Charlotte. With its high-quality meat selection, authentic Korean dining experience, and excellent service, it’s no surprise that it has become a favorite among locals and visitors alike. They rank amid the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte for good reasons.
Address: 300 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11:00am-9:00pm; Friday, 11:00am-10:00pm; Saturday, 10:00am-10:00pm; Sunday, 10:00am-9:00pm
Phone Number: (704) 332-6507
300 East, one of the popular hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte, is a trendy and eclectic restaurant located in the heart of Charlotte’s Dilworth neighborhood. The restaurant’s interior is cozy and inviting, with exposed brick walls, high ceilings, and funky decor. The menu features American cuisine with a Southern twist, as well as a selection of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
One of the signature dishes at 300 East is the fried chicken and waffles, which consists of crispy fried chicken served on top of a fluffy waffle and drizzled with maple syrup. This dish perfectly combines sweet and savory flavors and has become a favorite among regulars.
What makes 300 East unique is its commitment to sustainability and sourcing local ingredients. The restaurant works with local farmers and purveyors to ensure that its dishes are made with the freshest and most sustainable ingredients possible. This dedication to quality is reflected in the delicious and flavorful dishes on the menu.
The restaurant’s service is excellent, with friendly and attentive staff who are happy to make recommendations and answer any questions. The servers are also knowledgeable about the menu and the sourcing of the ingredients, which helps customers make informed choices.
Main Menu Items:
1. Fried chicken and waffles – Crispy fried chicken served on top of a fluffy waffle and drizzled with maple syrup. This signature dish is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors.
2. Shrimp and grits – Creamy stone-ground grits topped with succulent shrimp, Andouille sausage, and a spicy tomato gravy. This classic Southern dish is a favorite among regulars.
3. Vegan burger – A house-made vegan patty made with quinoa, black beans, and roasted vegetables, served on a bun with avocado, tomato, and vegan aioli. This burger is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional meat-based burgers.
4. Pan-seared salmon – Fresh salmon filet pan-seared to perfection and served with roasted vegetables and a lemon-butter sauce. This dish is a great option for seafood lovers.
5. Chicken Parmesan – Tender chicken breast coated in breadcrumbs, topped with melted mozzarella cheese and a rich tomato sauce, served over spaghetti. This classic Italian dish is a comforting and satisfying choice.
Note that these are just a few examples of the many delicious dishes available at 300 East. The menu also features a variety of other appetizers, entrees, and desserts, as well as a selection of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
“I had the fried chicken and waffles and it was amazing! The chicken was perfectly crispy and the waffle was so fluffy. The service was also top-notch, our server was so friendly and helpful. Will definitely be coming back to 300 East!”
“I loved the atmosphere of this restaurant, it’s so cozy and inviting. The food was also delicious, I had the shrimp and grits and it was so flavorful. I appreciated that they use local ingredients and support sustainable farming practices. Highly recommend 300 East!”
“The vegetarian options at 300 East are amazing! I had the vegan burger and it was one of the best veggie burgers I’ve ever had. The service was also great, our server was so attentive and friendly. I love that this restaurant supports local farmers and uses sustainable ingredients.”
In summary, 300 East is a must-visit restaurant in Charlotte for its delicious and sustainable American cuisine, cozy atmosphere, and excellent service. Whether you’re in the mood for fried chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, or vegetarian options, you’re sure to find something to love at this neighborhood gem. They stand out among the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte.
Papa Doc’s Shore Club
Address: 3990 Charlotte Hwy, Lake Wylie, SC 29710
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 11:00am – 9:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am – 9:00pm
Phone Number: (803) 831-5455
Papa Doc’s Shore Club, another of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte, is a casual seafood restaurant located on the shores of Lake Wylie, just a short drive from Charlotte. The interior features a nautical theme, with decor that includes fishing nets, oars, and other maritime memorabilia. The atmosphere is laid-back and welcoming, with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating available.
The restaurant’s signature dish is the Low Country Boil, which includes shrimp, sausage, corn on the cob, and potatoes, all boiled together with a blend of spices and served with cocktail sauce and butter. This hearty and flavorful dish is perfect for sharing and is a must-try for seafood lovers.
One unique feature of Papa Doc’s is its location on the lake, which offers stunning views of the water and a relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant also features a large outdoor patio with plenty of seating, making it a great spot to enjoy a meal on a sunny day.
The service at Papa Doc’s is friendly and attentive, with staff members who are knowledgeable about the menu and happy to make recommendations. The restaurant has a laid-back vibe, but the service is still professional and efficient.
Main Menu Items:
1. Low Country Boil – Shrimp, sausage, corn on the cob, and potatoes boiled together with a blend of spices and served with cocktail sauce and butter.
2. Fish Tacos – Two tacos filled with grilled or blackened fish, pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and a spicy remoulade sauce. Served with a side of coleslaw.
3. Crab Cake Sandwich – A homemade crab cake served on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, and a spicy remoulade sauce. Served with fries or coleslaw.
4. Seafood Chowder – A creamy chowder made with fresh seafood, potatoes, and a blend of herbs and spices. Served with oyster crackers.
5. Shrimp and Grits – Blackened shrimp served over a bed of creamy stone-ground grits, topped with bacon and a spicy tomato gravy. Served with a side of toast.
“I had the crab cakes and they were delicious! Full of crab meat and not too much filler. The service was great, and the atmosphere was perfect for a casual dinner with friends. Will definitely be back!”
“We had the Low Country Boil and it was amazing. The shrimp were fresh and perfectly cooked, and the spices gave it just the right amount of kick. The service was friendly and attentive, and the lakefront location was a bonus.”
“The seafood chowder was the best I’ve ever had! Creamy and full of fresh seafood. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and is the perfect spot for a date night or family dinner.”
Papa Doc’s Shore Club is a casual seafood restaurant with a laid-back atmosphere, friendly service, and a stunning lakefront location. The Low Country Boil is a must-try dish, and the seafood chowder and crab cakes are also highly recommended. Overall, a great spot for a casual meal with friends or family. They deserve to be ranked among the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte.
Each of these hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Charlotte has something unique and special to offer, whether it’s their signature dishes, their cozy atmosphere, or their friendly service. This is why they are the best restaurants in Charlotte for you to discover. If you’re looking for some hidden gems in Charlotte, be sure to give these three restaurants a try.
You May Want to Join Our Boondocking Group on Facebook For More Information
You May Want to Join Our Campfire Recipes Group on Facebook For More Information
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape