Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 01:49 am
These 3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants in Indianapolis offers a range of dining options, from classic comfort food to modern twists on international cuisine. These three top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis – Livery, The Eagle, and Nada – are standout examples of the city’s thriving culinary scene. Here is why they are the best restaurants in Indianapolis for you to discover.
1. Livery – Livery is one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis, known for its Latin American-inspired cuisine and creative cocktails. Customers rave about the unique and flavorful dishes, such as the lamb barbacoa and the empanadas. The restaurant’s atmosphere is described as intimate and cozy, with a hip, artsy vibe. Livery has received high ratings on popular review sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor, and it is a popular spot among locals and tourists alike.
2. The Eagle – The Eagle is another one of the popular hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis, known for its delicious fried chicken and southern-style sides. Customers love the crispy, juicy chicken and the flavorful mac and cheese and cornbread. The restaurant’s atmosphere is described as laid-back and casual, with a cozy and rustic decor. The Eagle has received rave reviews on sites like Yelp and Google, and it is a favorite among locals who crave comfort food with a southern twist.
3. Nada – Nada is one of the top-rated hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants in Indianapolis, known for its modern take on classic Mexican dishes and creative cocktails. Customers love the flavorful and innovative dishes, such as the pork belly tacos and the queso fundido, as well as the restaurant’s lively and energetic atmosphere. Nada has received high ratings on sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor, and it is a popular spot for brunch, happy hour, and dinner. With its vibrant decor and delicious food and drinks, Nada is a top choice for those looking for a fun and flavorful dining experience.
3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants in Indianapolis
Address: 720 N College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Hours: Monday to Wednesday 4 pm to 10 pm, Thursday 11 am to 10 pm, Friday 11 am to 11 pm, Saturday 10 am to 11 pm, Sunday 10 am to 9 pm
Phone Number: (317) 383-0330
Livery, included as one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis, is a Latin American-inspired restaurant that offers a unique dining experience. The restaurant is situated in a historic building and features an intimate and cozy atmosphere with dim lighting, exposed brick walls, and a hip, artsy vibe.
The menu at Livery offers a wide variety of Latin American dishes, including ceviche, empanadas, tacos, and grilled meats. One of the signature dishes on the menu is the lamb barbacoa, which is slow-roasted and served with avocado salsa, pickled onions, and warm tortillas. The empanadas, filled with beef or sweet potato and goat cheese, are also a popular choice among customers.
One thing that sets Livery apart is their creative cocktail menu, which includes unique and flavorful drinks like the Tiki and Tonic, made with gin, house-made grapefruit tonic, and a spiced rum float. They also offer a variety of wines, beers, and spirits.
The service at Livery is exceptional, with attentive and knowledgeable staff who are happy to make recommendations and answer any questions about the menu. The restaurant also offers outdoor seating during the warmer months, which adds to the overall dining experience.
Main Menu Items:
1. Lamb Barbacoa – Slow-roasted lamb shoulder served with avocado salsa, pickled onions, and warm tortillas. The lamb is tender and flavorful, with a slightly smoky taste from the slow roasting process.
2. Empanadas – Handmade turnovers filled with either beef, potato and goat cheese or roasted mushrooms and smoked gouda. Served with aji amarillo sauce and pickled vegetables. The pastry is crispy and flaky, while the fillings are savory and delicious.
3. Ceviche – Fresh seafood marinated in lime juice and served with avocado, cucumber, red onion, and cilantro. The ceviche is light and refreshing, with a tangy and citrusy flavor.
4. Grilled Skirt Steak – Marinated skirt steak served with chimichurri sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes, and grilled broccolini. The steak is cooked to perfection, with a juicy and tender texture and a smoky grilled flavor.
5. Tacos – Choose from a variety of tacos, including fried chicken, pork belly, smoked pork, and grilled shrimp. All tacos are served on warm tortillas and topped with fresh toppings like pickled vegetables, cilantro, and lime crema. The tacos are bursting with flavor and are the perfect size for sharing.
“I had the lamb barbacoa and it was out of this world! The meat was so tender and flavorful, and the avocado salsa was the perfect accompaniment. The staff was also incredibly friendly and attentive. I can’t wait to come back!”
“The empanadas here are a must-try! The beef and sweet potato and goat cheese options were both delicious. The atmosphere is also great – it’s a cozy and intimate space with a cool vibe.”
“I came here for happy hour and had a few of their signature cocktails. They were all amazing and so unique. The bartenders really know what they’re doing. I also appreciated the outdoor seating area – it’s a nice touch in the warmer months.”
Overall, Livery is a top-notch restaurant in Indianapolis that offers delicious Latin American-inspired cuisine, creative cocktails, and exceptional service. It’s a great spot for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends, and it’s definitely worth a visit if you’re in the area. They rank amid the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis for good reasons.
Address: 310 Massachusetts Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Hours: Sunday to Thursday 11 am to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10 pm
Phone Number: (317) 929-1799
The Eagle, one of the popular hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis, is a Southern-style restaurant located in downtown Indianapolis, offering a warm and inviting atmosphere that is perfect for family gatherings, date nights, or casual dining. The interior features a rustic, industrial design with exposed brick walls, wooden accents, and plenty of natural light.
The menu at The Eagle focuses on Southern-style comfort food with a modern twist. The signature dish on the menu is their fried chicken, which is brined overnight in buttermilk and spices, then fried to crispy perfection. The chicken is served with a variety of sauces, including honey hot, sweet and spicy, and Alabama white sauce. Other popular dishes include the mac and cheese, collard greens, and smoked gouda grits.
One unique feature of The Eagle is their commitment to sustainability and locally sourced ingredients. They use free-range, hormone-free chicken and source their produce from local farmers whenever possible. The restaurant also offers a wide selection of craft beers and cocktails, including their famous Moscow Mule served in a traditional copper mug.
The service at The Eagle is friendly and attentive, with servers who are knowledgeable about the menu and happy to make recommendations. The restaurant also offers outdoor seating during the warmer months, which adds to the overall dining experience.
Main Menu Items:
1. Fried Chicken – Buttermilk-brined chicken, dredged in seasoned flour, and fried to a crispy golden brown. Served with a choice of dipping sauces, including honey hot, sweet and spicy, and Alabama white sauce.
2. Mac and Cheese – Creamy mac and cheese made with a blend of cheddar and Gruyere cheese, topped with a breadcrumb crust and baked to perfection. The mac and cheese is rich and flavorful, with a crispy topping that adds a nice texture.
3. Collard Greens – Slow-cooked collard greens seasoned with bacon, onions, and vinegar. The collard greens are tender and flavorful, with a slightly tangy taste from the vinegar.
4. Smoked Gouda Grits – Creamy grits infused with smoked Gouda cheese, topped with crispy fried onions. The grits are rich and cheesy with a smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the fried chicken.
5. Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich – Buttermilk-brined chicken breast coated in a spicy Nashville hot sauce, served on a brioche bun with pickles, lettuce, and Alabama white sauce. The sandwich is spicy and flavorful, with a nice crunch from the pickles and a creamy sauce that balances out the heat.
“The fried chicken at The Eagle is out of this world! It’s crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, with the perfect blend of spices. The mac and cheese is also a must-try. The service was great too – our server was super friendly and helpful.”
“I loved the atmosphere at The Eagle – it’s cozy and inviting, with a great selection of craft beers. The collard greens were my favorite dish – they were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of seasoning.”
“The smoked gouda grits were a standout dish for me – they were rich and creamy with a smoky flavor that paired perfectly with the fried chicken. The Alabama white sauce was also a great addition. The service was top-notch – our server was attentive without being intrusive.”
Overall, The Eagle is a great restaurant in Indianapolis for anyone looking for Southern-style comfort food with a modern twist. The fried chicken is the standout dish, but there are plenty of other delicious options to choose from as well. The commitment to sustainability and locally sourced ingredients is a nice touch, and the service is friendly and attentive. They stand out among the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis.
Address: 11 W Maryland St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Hours: Sunday to Thursday 11 am to 9 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am to 10 pm
Phone Number: (317) 638-6232
Nada, another of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis, is a Mexican-style restaurant offering a vibrant and energetic atmosphere that is perfect for a night out with friends or a special occasion. The interior features bright colors, neon signs, and a lively bar area.
The menu at Nada features a mix of traditional Mexican dishes with a modern twist, as well as unique creations from the chef. The signature dish on the menu is their “Nada Fries,” which are crispy French fries topped with braised short rib, queso fundido, and jalapeños. Other popular dishes include the baja fish tacos, street corn, and the queso dip.
One unique feature of Nada is their extensive tequila and cocktail selection. They offer over 80 different types of tequila, as well as a variety of specialty cocktails, including their signature margarita made with fresh lime juice and agave nectar.
The service at Nada is friendly and attentive, with servers who are knowledgeable about the menu and happy to make recommendations. The restaurant also offers private dining options for groups and special events.
Main Menu Items:
1. Nada Fries – Crispy French fries topped with braised short rib, queso fundido, and jalapeños. A signature dish that is perfect for sharing.
2. Baja Fish Tacos – Crispy battered fish topped with avocado, pickled red onion, and chipotle crema, served on a warm tortilla. A classic Mexican dish with a Nada twist.
3. Queso Dip – A creamy blend of melted cheese, chorizo, and poblano peppers, served with warm tortilla chips. A popular starter that is perfect for dipping and sharing.
4. Chicken Enchiladas – Shredded chicken wrapped in corn tortillas, topped with a smoky red chili sauce and melted cheese. Served with rice and beans on the side.
5. Pork Carnitas Tacos – Slow-cooked pork with a blend of spices, topped with pickled red onion, cilantro, and avocado. Served on warm tortillas with a side of salsa verde.
“The Nada Fries are a must-try – they’re loaded with flavor and perfect for sharing. The street corn was also amazing – it had just the right amount of spice. Our server was fantastic and helped us navigate the menu.”
“The drinks at Nada are fantastic – I highly recommend the margarita. The food was also delicious, especially the pork carnitas tacos. The atmosphere is lively and fun, with great music and a cool vibe.”
“The queso dip was the highlight of our meal – it was creamy and flavorful with just the right amount of spice. The chicken enchiladas were also delicious, with a smoky flavor that was really unique. The service was top-notch – our server was friendly and attentive throughout the meal.”
Overall, Nada is a great restaurant in Indianapolis for anyone looking for Mexican-inspired cuisine with a modern twist. The Nada Fries are a standout dish, but there are plenty of other delicious options on the menu as well. The extensive tequila and cocktail selection is also a unique feature, and the service is friendly and attentive. They deserve to be ranked among the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Indianapolis.
Livery offers a cozy atmosphere and a menu of inventive small plates, while The Eagle is known for its southern-inspired fried chicken and creative cocktails. Nada offers Mexican-inspired cuisine with a modern twist and an extensive tequila selection. This is why they are the best restaurants in Indianapolis for you to discover. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, these three restaurants in Indianapolis are definitely worth checking out for a unique and memorable dining experience.
You May Want to Join The World Recipes With Our Big Escape
Share your own recipes in our Facebook Group. Find recipes from all over the world. Learn more about International Cuisine and how you can surprise you family with new and exciting foods from all over the world.
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape