These are our secrets to Higher Email Conversion Rates Tactics that Work. Most email users receive tons of emails in their inboxes every day. Before you even think of how to generate higher email conversion rates you will have to do one thing. You have to come up with a solid plan on how to get them to open your emails in the first place.
Be Creative Enough to Make Your Email Subject Line Catchy and You Will Get Higher Email Conversion Rates
The average email users inbox usually get all or some of these on a daily basis.
– Daily deal sites
– Password resets
– Personal emails from friends and family
– And yes SPAM EMAILS
They have a lot to sift through, and that’s if they even get a chance to open the emails in the first place.
As a marketer, you are looking for a way to get them to open your email first. How far are you willing to let your creativity expand and give them a reason to consider checking you out?
First, you must come up with a catchy subject line. This is your first email impression and it could be your last if you don’t impress. This will usually determine if the people on your email list will be impressed. If you do the job well enough they may read you first.
To stay safe, you’re better off keeping them succinct, and carving them up based on some of the ideas below:
- Ask a question to capture their interest and get them even more curious about checking you out.
- Focus on coming up with a high converting email subject line.
- Test several subject lines and content for the highest conversions
- Cash in on scarcity and urgency. Give your users enough reasons to act fast and NOT miss out on something important
- Give stats, numbers, discounts or anything else you think of. These may get your user to click through the subject line and dig out for more info.
Personalize the subject line by addressing each of the email users you’re targeting by name.
Personalizing the Email Subject Line for Higher Email Conversion Rates
Creating high converting email subjects lines is not the only part of what you should be doing. You will need to do more to raise yourself to higher email conversion rates. You need to personalize the emails as well.
All it takes to pull this off is to remember to include name tokens in the emails you send. Failure to do this and it becomes hard for you to convince an email client your service is best for them. They will be more at ease with this simple personal touch.
Learn to Sort Out Your Email List Based on What You Understand About Them
Not everyone on your email list is the same. For higher email conversion rates it is s important that you dedicate time to sorting them in groups. Groups can be based on their demographics, order history, psychographics, and browsing activities.
Once done, you can sort the emails you send to address the specific needs of the underlying group. This has a way of making the emails you send more relevant. It will enough impact on the individual life of your recipients for higher sales.
Recent studies back these facts up. Sorting email list into groups before contacting them increased revenue up to 760%
Even better, email segmentation also goes on to ensure that you get to keep the bulk of the subscribers you already have over the long haul.
Adjust Your Content To Match Each Funnel Stage For Higher Email Conversion Rates
It’s a well-accepted fact that personalization enables higher email conversion rates. Segmentation works when it comes to targeting. It also helps to create relevancy. This ensures every one of your recipients receives a piece of content that’s useful to them. That goes on to ensure that the majority of them get to click through them and read the email.
All this is a journey and takes time to put into action. You are acknowledging the journey users go through before making the decision to buy. You can bank on pre-defined triggers and get to make the most out of the campaigns you send.
Here’s a list of pre-defined triggers to take advantage of:
– How long is it since the person subscribed to your email list?
– What’s their past click-through and open rates?
– Has the person taken any action in the past like going through with an order?
– What’s their average rate of placing an order with you?
With these triggers, you can figure out the most suited emails to target your email users. The triggers also help you to determine the most appropriate time to send a particular email.
– You send a welcoming email when addressing a new subscriber on your email list.
– As a last attempt for higher email conversion rates, you can send a cart abandonment email. These go to a recipient that adds an item to their cart but fails to go through with an order.
– All it takes to pull this off is to remember to include name tokens in the emails you send. Failure to do this and it becomes hard for you to convince an email recipient your service is best for them. They will be more at ease with this simple yer personal touch completes an order
– Re-engagement emails are better sent when a user who once used to visit the site on a regular basis has left.
Responsive Email Templates
It’s simple logic that a great majority of users check their emails on a phone. Confirming this is a recent study which goes on to point out that 55% of all emails send are opened on mobile. Couple this with the number increased to over 60% during weekends
Take this simple fact and the fact that over 70% of emails recipients delete email for a single reason. Email readers want to see a responsive email and delete them when they are not.
Here are some things to enable while working to ensure that every email you send is responsive. These will help them load on any device out there:
– Keep the subject line short (between 30 to 35 characters.
– Make sure the layout you use is a single column.
– Make your content short and straight to the point.
– Remember to also break the content into small digestible chunks. Make sure it’s surrounded by some white space at the margin so your readers can read through it.
– Use larger fonts where applicable.
– Reduce the images sizes where possible and speed up the rate at which your email content loads up on mobile.
Take each of these steps and you will see a higher number of emails opened. You will see fewer people leave your list. Most important you will MAKE MORE SALES.
Now that you have learned about higher email conversion rates, what’s next?
Check out Travel Blog Success