Croatia offers an impressive number of romantic cities. They are some of the best honeymoon places around the world. It ranks in the top 10 countries which couples desire to visit.
Croatia is renowned for some of the most breathtaking, natural landscapes. It also offers a wonderful, picturesque, romantic glimpse into the past. With a long array of well preserved architectural pieces of ancient civilizations.
There is quite an impressive number of Croatia locations and cities. For new couples, these are some of the best honeymoon places to visit.
We will touch on a few.
A historical city that dates back to the Roman Empire. Its cultural and historical past makes it a destination of choice. Especially for a romantic honeymoon for partners who are students of history.
There are enough archeological and medieval monuments to keep you enthralled. To also give you an ambiance that’s perfect for your fantasies. That is if you’d love to imagine living in the medieval past.
Zagreb, Where Old Meets New
Zagreb as a city name was first recorded in 1094. It is a fine blend of the old and the new. Strategically located at an intersection of the Mediterranean and Western Europe. It offers easy access to countries in that region if you’d like to explore Europe further.
Interesting Places To Visit In Zagreb
Besides the great nightlife, which is to be expected, the map of Zagreb highlights the best spots for … wait for this, … kissing, yes. Know the spots that have been identified by previous tourists as the best kissing spots.
• Visit The Upper town, where gas street lamps still glow in the night. These lamps are still hand-lit every single evening. If funiculars are a distant memory to you, you will find them in Zagreb, with operations dating back since 1893.
• This historical, old town has lots of parks. It offers opportunities for unforgettable romantic walks. There are lots of cafes and beautiful terraces.
• For the nightcrawlers, Zagreb offers some of the best nightlife. Generously spiced with some unique street festivals.
Prepare And Bring Along Your To-Do List
You need to plan ahead on how to optimize your visit because there’s so much to see and do. I’ll give you a quick rundown.
• A funicular ride is a must, and it’s cheap. It connects Down and Upper town Zagreb, and the trip only takes a few minutes. Upper Town is located on a small hill with a great romantic ambiance.
• It has so many beautiful parks and forests. Your list of best honeymoon places is incomplete without a picnic in one of these
• Visit the Museum Of Broken Relationships. It is a museum dedicated to the pains of broken relationships. Hopefully, it will spice up your honeymoon and strengthen your relationship
• Breakfast at the Kava Tava. This features paper maps of the favorite spots for kissing in Zagreb.
• The best honeymoon places in Zagreb. This includes Dolan, a green market for souvenirs at a bargain. A walk along the Sava river banks, a day at Lake Jarun, and a visit to the lovely little town of Samobor.
• When done, you can cool off with some delicious ice creams. The best ice creams in Croatia are in Zagreb
Galesnjak the Heart Island
Any list of the best honeymoon places in Croatia without Galesnjak is incomplete. Highlighted by Google Earth in 2009. Galesnjak’s heart-shaped form has become a destination of choice for lovers. It’s easy to understand the myth associated with this wonderful, heart-shaped Island. The best way to arrive in this city is obviously through the sky. The memories of the view will make your honeymoon unforgettable.
Though not much is on the ground by way of amenities. Still, this Lovers’ Island is a choice destination to visit. The waters around this heart-shaped Island could be better. But it’s emerald-blue waters are clear enough for you and your partner to take a dip in the ocean with a pebble beach.
As there are no hotels to stay overnight, you have two options. Camping or to stay in Pasman, another popular tourist destination. Pasman is a must-visit on your tour of the best honeymoon places. Especially if you want that mythical romantic twist.
The Island of Pasman
Pasman Island (pronounced Pash-man) is another island located south of Zadar. On the whole island, there are about a dozen villages and hamlets. The island has been inhabited since Roman times.
Pasman Island is Easy to Reach
Easy due to the frequent ferry connections and handy bridge to the mainland. Pasman is one of the best honeymoon places for foreign as well as local visitors during the summer. The island is also a great place to visit in spring or autumn for cycling and walking trips. There is plenty of cycling and walking routes on the island to see attractive landscapes. Due to the sea current changing (every six hours) its waters are to be among the cleanest waters in Adriatic.
Staying on Pasman Island
You can use Pasman Island as your starting point for visiting the many islands in the area. The island has over 2000 permanent residents. Many of the residents of Pasman offer accommodations in private rooms or apartments. There is also a camping site on the island – Camping Arboretum. A lovely family-run campsite located in the village of Barotul. A small fisherman’s village surrounded by olive trees with its own bay and sandy beach. Great for honeymoons.
The City Of Zadar
Zadar, ravaged by a war that lasted from 1991 to 1995. The impact of that war is evident around its surrounding villages. Over the past 10 years, they have increased infrastructural developments. That has pushed this coastline city up on our list of the best honeymoon places of Croatia. And due to its proximity to the Lovers Island of Galesnjak (as stated earlier), it deserves to be on this list.
Best Time To Visit Zadar
Summer offers the best value for the money for those who decide to visit Zadar. Because there are enough low-cost flights into the city’s airport. You can also catch up on more than enough events and festivals. The beautiful summer weather gives you enough opportunities to explore the coastline. Also, visit several of the smaller islands this city has to offer.
Swimming In Zadar
There are nice beautiful beaches in the surrounding towns. Especially the most popular one on the nearby island of Dugi Otok. The sandy beach of Sarahun or the Lojenka swimming bay on the Levranka islet.
Food And Accommodations In Zadar
If you are wild about seafood, you would love this city, with fresh supplies from the Adriatic. There are sheep cheese and mutton, gotten from excellent lamb from surrounding mountains. Vegetarians aren’t left out, as there’s a constant supply of veggies from inland villages. There are a few hotels to offer, and summer is the best time to visit.
NOTE: You may want to avoid visiting in the month of August. This is when the cost of hotel accommodations is highest.
You and your partner may also choose to camp at the most popular campsite at Zaton, a village, 10.5 miles north of Zadar.
Now that you have learned about the best honeymoon places in Croatia, what’s next?
Check out Cheap Alternative Lodging In Dubrovnik