Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 04:23 am
These 3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants in Minneapolis are in a city with a vibrant food scene, offering a variety of dining options to satisfy any craving. Red Cow’s gourmet burgers and craft beers, Smoke In The Pit’s authentic Southern-style barbecue, and Chimborazo’s flavorful Ecuadorian cuisine are all worth trying for their unique and delicious offerings. Here is why they are the best restaurants in Minneapolis for you to discover.
Based on customer reviews, ratings, and popularity, the following are the top 3 hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis and the reasons why they are highly recommended:
1. Red Cow – Located in the North Loop neighborhood of Minneapolis, Red Cow, included as one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis, is a top-rated restaurant that specializes in gourmet burgers and craft beers. It has received high ratings for its delicious food, friendly service, and cozy atmosphere. Some of the must-try dishes include the truffle fries, the Blue Burger, and the Bison Burger. Additionally, Red Cow’s rotating selection of local and international craft beers has also earned it a loyal following.
2. Smoke In The Pit – This family-owned restaurant in North Minneapolis is a local favorite for its authentic Southern-style barbecue. The restaurant, one of the popular hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis, has received rave reviews for its tender and juicy meats, flavorful sauces, and generous portions. The brisket, pulled pork, and ribs are some of the most popular dishes. Smoke In The Pit’s welcoming and casual atmosphere also adds to its charm.
3. Chimborazo – Situated in the Powderhorn Park neighborhood of Minneapolis, Chimborazo is one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants. They specialize in authentic Ecuadorian cuisine. It has garnered a strong reputation for its flavorful and affordable dishes, attentive service, and cozy atmosphere. Some of the must-try dishes include the ceviche, the empanadas, and the llapingachos (potato cakes stuffed with cheese). Chimborazo’s unique and flavorful offerings have earned it a dedicated following among Minneapolis foodies.
3 Top Hole-in-the-Wall Restaurants in Minneapolis
Address: Multiple locations in Minneapolis, the one in Uptown is at 3624 W 50th St, Minneapolis, MN 55410.
Hours: Monday to Friday 11 AM to 10 PM, Saturday and Sunday 10 AM to 10 PM.
Phone Number: (612) 767-4411
Red Cow, included as one of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis, is a casual, yet trendy restaurant that specializes in burgers and craft beers. The restaurant has a cozy and welcoming interior with dark wood furnishings, leather seating, and warm lighting. The atmosphere is relaxed, making it a great place for friends and family to gather and enjoy good food and drinks.
Red Cow is known for its inventive burger creations, with a wide variety of meat and vegetarian options. One of the most popular burgers on their menu is the Bacon and Egg burger, featuring a juicy patty, smoked bacon, a fried egg, and chipotle ketchup. Another signature burger is the Truffle Melt, with truffle aioli, roasted mushrooms, and Swiss cheese.
Red Cow has an extensive selection of craft beers, including local brews and hard-to-find international selections. The restaurant also offers a unique “beer flights” option, where customers can sample a variety of different beers. Additionally, Red Cow has a “Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar” during weekend brunch, allowing customers to customize their own spicy cocktails.
The service at Red Cow is friendly and attentive, with knowledgeable staff who are happy to provide recommendations and answer any questions. The restaurant also offers a convenient online ordering system for takeout orders.
Main Menu Items:
1. The Ultimate Burger – A juicy beef patty topped with truffle aioli, balsamic onions, Gruyere cheese, and arugula. Served on a brioche bun.
2. Veggie Burger – A vegetarian patty made with black beans, quinoa, and sweet potato, topped with avocado, pickled red onions, and chipotle mayo. Served on a multigrain bun.
3. Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup – A classic comfort food combo, with a three-cheese blend of aged cheddar, fontina, and Gouda on grilled sourdough bread. Served with a creamy tomato soup for dipping.
4. Prime Rib French Dip – Thinly sliced prime rib on a baguette with Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, and horseradish mayo. Served with au jus for dipping.
5. Mac & Cheese – A creamy blend of cheddar, fontina, and Gouda cheeses mixed with cavatappi pasta. Topped with bread crumbs and scallions for a crispy finish. Can be ordered with bacon or roasted mushrooms as a add-on.
“I had the Bacon and Egg burger at Red Cow and it was amazing! The combination of flavors was perfect, and the patty was cooked just right. The service was also great, with our server being attentive and friendly.”
“The beer selection at Red Cow is top-notch! They have so many great options, and the beer flights are a fun way to try a variety of different beers. The food was also delicious, with the Truffle Melt being a standout.”
“Red Cow has a great atmosphere and vibe. It’s cozy and welcoming, with a cool, trendy feel. The service was friendly and quick, and the food was tasty. I highly recommend the Veggie Burger!”
Overall, Red Cow is a top-rated restaurant in Minneapolis, with its delicious burgers, craft beers, and welcoming atmosphere. The Bacon and Egg burger and Truffle Melt are standouts on the menu, and the extensive beer selection and customizable Bloody Mary bar are unique features. The service is friendly and attentive, making for an enjoyable dining experience. They rank amid the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis for good reasons.
Smoke In The Pit
Address: 3733 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55407.
Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 11 AM to 8 PM, Closed on Mondays.
Phone Number: (612) 315-3145
Smoke In The Pit, one of the popular hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis, is a cozy, family-owned restaurant located in the Powderhorn neighborhood of Minneapolis. The restaurant specializes in Southern-style barbecue, serving up delicious meats slow-cooked to perfection. The interior is simple and unpretentious, with wood-panelled walls and a small dining area that creates a welcoming atmosphere.
The signature dish at Smoke In The Pit is the brisket, which is cooked low and slow for over 16 hours until it is tender and flavorful. Other popular menu items include the pulled pork, ribs, and smoked chicken. All of the meats are cooked with a blend of spices and served with classic barbecue sides such as mac and cheese, coleslaw, and cornbread.
One of the unique features of Smoke In The Pit is their commitment to using locally sourced, sustainable ingredients whenever possible. The restaurant also offers a variety of vegetarian and vegan options, such as smoked tofu and vegan mac and cheese. Additionally, Smoke In The Pit has a small market area where customers can purchase house-made sauces and rubs to take home.
The service at Smoke In The Pit is warm and friendly, with the owners and staff making an effort to create a welcoming atmosphere. The food is cooked to order, so there may be a bit of a wait during busy times, but it’s worth it for the delicious, freshly cooked barbecue.
Main Menu Items:
1. Brisket Plate – Tender slices of slow-smoked brisket served with your choice of two sides, such as mac and cheese, coleslaw, or collard greens.
2. Pulled Pork Sandwich – Succulent pulled pork piled high on a soft bun with a side of house-made barbecue sauce. Served with a choice of one side, such as baked beans or cornbread.
3. Rib Tips – Tender pieces of smoked pork rib tips, seasoned with a blend of spices and served with a side of tangy barbecue sauce. Served with a choice of one side.
4. Smoked Tofu Plate – A vegetarian option featuring smoked tofu that has been marinated in a blend of spices and slow-cooked until tender. Served with a choice of two sides.
5. Half Chicken – A half-chicken that has been seasoned with a blend of spices and slow-cooked over hickory wood until juicy and flavorful. Served with a choice of two sides, such as potato salad or baked beans.
“I had the brisket and mac and cheese at Smoke In The Pit, and it was amazing! The brisket was so tender and flavorful, and the mac and cheese was creamy and cheesy. The service was also great, with the owners being so friendly and welcoming.”
“Smoke In The Pit is the real deal when it comes to barbecue. The pulled pork was some of the best I’ve had, and the ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender. The sides were also delicious, especially the coleslaw. I highly recommend this place!”
“As a vegetarian, I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of options at Smoke In The Pit. The smoked tofu was so flavorful, and the vegan mac and cheese was creamy and delicious. The owners were also very accommodating and made me feel welcome.”
Smoke In The Pit is a top-rated restaurant in Minneapolis for authentic Southern-style barbecue, with their signature dish being the brisket. The restaurant’s commitment to using sustainable, locally sourced ingredients and offering vegetarian and vegan options sets them apart from other barbecue places in the city. The service is warm and welcoming, making for an enjoyable dining experience. They stand out among the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis.
Address: 2851 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
Hours: Monday to Thursday 11 AM to 9 PM, Friday and Saturday 11 AM to 10 PM, Sunday 11 AM to 8 PM.
Phone Number: (612) 788-1328
Chimborazo, another of the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis, is an Ecuadorian restaurant located in the Northeast neighborhood of Minneapolis. The restaurant serves traditional dishes from Ecuador, including ceviche, empanadas, and grilled meats. The interior is colorful and lively, with vibrant artwork and decor reflecting the Ecuadorian culture.
One of Chimborazo’s most famous dishes is the Llapingachos, which are potato cakes stuffed with cheese and served with a side of peanut sauce. Another popular dish is the Seco de Carne, which is a beef stew cooked with cilantro and served with rice and fried plantains.
Chimborazo is unique in its focus on Ecuadorian cuisine, which is not commonly found in the Minneapolis area. The restaurant also offers a variety of vegetarian and gluten-free options, making it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions.
The service at Chimborazo is friendly and welcoming, with a staff that is passionate about sharing the flavors and culture of Ecuador with their customers.
Main Menu Items:
1. Llapingachos – Potato cakes stuffed with cheese and served with peanut sauce.
2. Seco de Carne – Beef stew cooked with cilantro and served with rice and fried plantains.
3. Ceviche Mixto – A mix of shrimp, tilapia, and calamari cooked in lime juice, served with onions, cilantro, and plantain chips.
4. Churrasco – Grilled steak served with rice, beans, and a side salad.
5. Empanadas de Viento – Fried empanadas stuffed with cheese and served with a side of Aji sauce.
“I had the Llapingachos at Chimborazo and they were amazing. The potato cakes were crispy on the outside and gooey with cheese on the inside. The peanut sauce was also delicious. The service was friendly and attentive.”
“Chimborazo is a hidden gem in Minneapolis. The Seco de Carne was one of the best stews I’ve ever had, with tender beef and a flavorful broth. The plantains were also perfectly cooked. The ambiance is lively and colorful, and the staff is welcoming.”
“As a vegetarian, I appreciate the variety of options at Chimborazo. The Vegetable Empanadas were delicious and packed with flavor. The staff was also knowledgeable about the ingredients and preparation methods, which made me feel confident in my order.”
Chimborazo is a unique Ecuadorian restaurant in Minneapolis, offering traditional dishes from the country, such as Llapingachos and Seco de Carne. The colorful and lively interior adds to the experience, and the staff is passionate about sharing the culture and flavors of Ecuador with their customers. The restaurant also offers vegetarian and gluten-free options, making it a great choice for those with dietary restrictions. They deserve to be ranked among the top hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis.
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, these top-rated hole-in-the-wall restaurants in Minneapolis are sure to satisfy your taste buds and leave you with a memorable dining experience. For those looking to explore the lesser-known dining spots, these three restaurants in Minneapolis are definitely worth a visit.This is why they are the best restaurants in Minneapolis for you to discover.
You May Want to Join Our Boondocking Group on Facebook For More Information
You May Want to Join Our Campfire Recipes Group on Facebook For More Information
For More Photos Visit Our Instagram at World Recipes Daily – Our Big Escape